Sparklers...

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 jpkw

jpkw
  • VIP Member
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 01:47 PM

We can't afford fireworks, so I have ordered sparklers for my reception and I wanted to find out how other brides used them. I have heard them used when the bride & groom exit at the end of the night (guests hold them up to make a tunnel). I wonder if it will be too late at that point with everyone drunk and trying to get one more song in... Would it be better to use them for the first dance, or maybe when we first enter?

Let me know if any one else is planning to use them and what you are going to do. Or, if any of you already married girls have used them, how did it turn out? Also, we ordered 50, 1 per couple (we have ~100 guests) - is this the right number?

#2 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
    • 4,979 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 01:48 PM

I've also heard of doing this at the first dance!
      Happily Married since May 9, 2008
      Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#3 mridgway

mridgway
      • 132 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 01:51 PM

I love sparklers and think they look so pretty in pictures. I would worry about the too drunk factor too with our friends - even though that is the logical time for them.

Do you know if it will be dark when you do your entrance? I think part of what makes them so pretty is having it be really dark out - so I would worry that would be too early.

#4 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
        • VIP Member
        • 2,861 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 01:51 PM

If its dark enough I think it would look really nice during your entrance. During the first dance would be really romantic too!

#5 TammyB

TammyB
          • 10,630 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 01:52 PM

IMO I would have ordered one for each guest. What time is your ceremony? What about having them lite the sparklers for your exit, after the ceremony. Or maybe have everyone line up as you enter the reception, if it's dark at that point.

#6 jpkw

jpkw
            • VIP Member
            • 1,650 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 01:56 PM

Ceremony is at 5pm so it won't be dark when we enter, that's a good point... I like the first dance idea, or we'll just do it at the end. I'll talk to Maye & Mariana to find out suggestions from them too.

We ordered 1 per couple b/c they are really long ... but maybe I should order more? I keep changing my mind on all my last minute things and I leave next Tuesday!!!!!!!!!

Tammy - are you all ready? Ann - what about you?

#7 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
              • VIP Member
              • 11,403 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 02:03 PM

I had the giant sparklers & we used them after dinner, when we were nice & toasty - it was so much fun! We actually almost forgot about them. You definitely need at least one for every person.

#8 SheaS

SheaS
                • 380 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 02:03 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by jpkw
                  We can't afford fireworks, so I have ordered sparklers for my reception and I wanted to find out how other brides used them. I have heard them used when the bride & groom exit at the end of the night (guests hold them up to make a tunnel). I wonder if it will be too late at that point with everyone drunk and trying to get one more song in... Would it be better to use them for the first dance, or maybe when we first enter?

Let me know if any one else is planning to use them and what you are going to do. Or, if any of you already married girls have used them, how did it turn out? Also, we ordered 50, 1 per couple (we have ~100 guests) - is this the right number?

which dreams are you getting married at? I am getting married in the Riveria MAya, and am looking for a fireworks/sparkler vendor....

#9 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
                  • 4,979 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 02:08 PM

Can you bring sparklers across the border? I guess you'd have to check them in your luggage?? Or did you send them to Mariana ahead of time?

And... where did you get your sparklers from? :)
                    Happily Married since May 9, 2008
                    Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#10 jpkw

jpkw
                    • VIP Member
                    • 1,650 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 02:09 PM

I ordered mine through my coordinator. They are $2.50 per sparkler (for the giant ones). Christa - is this what you paid?

Also, Christa - did you make some announcement or something when you used them after dinner, or how did it work?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users