Photo

How long did you have to plan?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 Jamaica0619

Jamaica0619
  • 475 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 02:09 PM

We got engaged in September '08 and are getting married in June '09 - so just about 9 months. I have had plenty of time. I think what has been keeping me busy is the fact that our AHR is only a month later and it is a semi-formal affair, so I have had as much planning to do for that as I have the DW. But I took about a month off from wedding planning around the holidays.

I think you will be fine with a year.
    Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. ~ Albert Camas

#12 adurrell

adurrell
    • 49 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 02:13 PM

Let's just say the ring is an after thought for us right now. lol Last May my boyfriend and I picked out my setting which he bought on the spot. I've been waiting almost a year for him to propose to no avail. I do know that my ring is done (diamond added) but have no idea when he's planning on asking me. We have our wedding booked at the resort and we've been having deep discussions about the wedding for the past two months. SO to me, we're engaged. Once I'm officially engaged I would say it'll give us a year and a half to plan.

#13 Jess

Jess
      • 4,455 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 02:30 PM

we planned for about 12 months but honestly I could have done it in 6 very easily

#14 stefnicole

stefnicole
        • 544 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 06:04 PM

We'll have been engaged 14 months once we get married. But, honestly, I could have done all the planning in 4 to 6 months. There were several months that I wouldn't even think about the wedding, much less plan.

#15 Cassondra2009

Cassondra2009
          • 444 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 07:12 PM

I've been engaged forever...well about 2 1/2 years. I didn't plan ANYTHING except for the resort for the first year or so. You can really plan the whole thing within a few months. I would concentrate on a resort, the date, photog, and dress and the rest will be smooth sailing. A year is plenty of time. and I think that the last 2 months are crazy no matter how long you had before ...or maybe thats just me!

#16 ~Debra~

~Debra~
            • 500 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 10:46 PM

I think a year is plenty of time to plan. We got engaged in August 2007 so we had almost 2 years to plan. Not that I actually spent 2 years planning. Having 6 months to not do wedding stuff was great. I think you'll be fine with a year though. :)

#17 lp579

lp579
              • 70 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 02:31 AM

A wedding can definitly be planned in 6 months...that's how long it took ours to get together! Now due to our cancelled flights to Mexico (4 days before leaving) and moving the whole shin-dig to Dominican, we've got 2.5 months to twiddle our thumbs! Lol! Whatever time length you choose, you'll make everything you want your wedding to be, happen.

#18 eloping789

eloping789
                • 290 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 10:00 AM

We got engaged on Valentine's Day this year and are getting married on July 8. We're eloping though so most of the planning has been spent on the big AHR we're having two weeks after we return from the wedding/honeymoon. Not having guests at the wedding has eliminated a huge portion of the planning for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users