Photo

Cabo Wedding/Reception/Cocktails for 50 ppl

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 MUDHONIE

MUDHONIE
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 01:05 PM

at a cost of $75-$100 is it possible? And if so, what resort are you doing this at and what sort of terms do you have that are getting you this pricing?

Thank you. Peace.

#2 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 9,532 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 01:37 PM

Are you talking per person cost?

#3 MUDHONIE

MUDHONIE
      • 10 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 02:04 PM

YES, about $75- $100 per person. Thanks.

#4 Jess

Jess
        • 4,455 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 02:09 PM

you can do it for a lot less than that at one of the AI's (Riu or Dreams) - are you looking for something different than that?

#5 MUDHONIE

MUDHONIE
          • 10 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 02:14 PM

Hi, So you have 44 booked...what are you roughly paying and what does that include? Thanks.

#6 Jess

Jess
            • 4,455 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 02:37 PM

I'm not getting married in Cabo but I was looking at Dreams Cabo - It was $39 per head (I believe) for guests staying there and it included cocktail hour with apps, dinner - and open bar all night

#7 MUDHONIE

MUDHONIE
              • 10 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 02:41 PM

Wow, that is awesome, when I checked it seemed like it might be more with all of the add ons. Can I ask why you picked PV over Cabo?

#8 Ana

Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 8,047 posts
                • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
                • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
                • LocationToronto

Posted 08 May 2009 - 02:41 PM

At Dreams its a "set-up" fee that you pay, so if you have 2 different set ups, ie. ceremony at the beach + cocktails and dinner on a terrace, you will pay 2 fees. When I originally booked (over a year ago) the price was $28pp for set up. Either way if the prices are $39 now per person per set up, then you're looking at $80 per person for the two set ups.

I would suggest that you put all your questions down in an email and then send the same email with the same questions to multiple resorts in Cabo and then compare the responses. that's what I did

#9 MUDHONIE

MUDHONIE
                • 10 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 02:53 PM

I have been emailing the resorts and it has been taking awhile for me to hear back from them. I guess I just need to be patient.....

#10 Jess

Jess
                  • 4,455 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 04:08 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by MUDHONIE
                    Wow, that is awesome, when I checked it seemed like it might be more with all of the add ons. Can I ask why you picked PV over Cabo?
                    yeah, Dreams Cabo was too expensive for my guests in November which was my main reason - I couldn't make them spend $400 a night to attend my wedding, I just felt too bad...Dreams PV was only $220 per night for the least expensive room (this is all double occupancy)...Dreams Cabo is gorgeous though - hopefully we will like PV just as much as we have never been.

Also, I wanted to use an outside wedding coordinator to handle everything for me - I got a much better price for an amazing coordinator in PV - the whole wedding in Cabo with a coordinator would have been about $5K more for what I wanted.

P.S. I think Ana's right, I think it is closer to $29 this year not $39 - not positive though

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users