Photo

Do I invite FI's female friend to my shower?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 HotTamale

HotTamale
  • 304 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 02:55 PM

Yes, be the bigger person - ALWAYS - never want the other to make negative assumptions.

#12 julzcabo

julzcabo
    • 37 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 07:00 PM

I think the better question to ask is why doesn't she like you and why isn't she going to the wedding even though it seems like she can afford it? I would never skip out on my best friends wedding. I hate to say it, but it kinda sounds like she is jealous and harbors feelings for your FI. Especially the fact that you feel this weird vibe that she doesn't like you. Listen to your gut instinct.

That said, I may be wrong. I say just invite her since it's never to late to try to be friends with her. That way, you can't say you didn't try.

#13 candiekiss

candiekiss
      • 98 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 07:06 PM

I agree w/the ladies. You need to invite her. If she comes good. If not no skin off your back.

#14 JennyK

JennyK
        • 3,502 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 07:15 PM

Ive been there with the "friend since hs" crap and we just don't like each other at all. She wasn't invited to anything of mine wedding related as well as our wedding.

#15 Susanandmo

Susanandmo
          • 698 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 07:34 PM

I would invite her. She probably won't show up, but at least you are doing your part to keep the peace.

#16 DarcyJAde

DarcyJAde
            • 305 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 10:57 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by julzcabo
              I think the better question to ask is why doesn't she like you and why isn't she going to the wedding even though it seems like she can afford it? I would never skip out on my best friends wedding. I hate to say it, but it kinda sounds like she is jealous and harbors feelings for your FI. Especially the fact that you feel this weird vibe that she doesn't like you. Listen to your gut instinct.

That said, I may be wrong. I say just invite her since it's never to late to try to be friends with her. That way, you can't say you didn't try.
              I am pretty sure this is the case. Especially since we have seen her twice since the engagement and doesn't ask a single thing about our wedding. It seems like she doesn't want to even acknowledge our relationship. I will invite her anyway though.
              http://img.weddingco...r/8vbdydmgt.png

[SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGP
              [/SIGPIC] 40 PEOPLE BOOKED!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users