Sign in to follow this  
DarcyJAde

Do I invite FI's female friend to my shower?

I think the better question to ask is why doesn't she like you and why isn't she going to the wedding even though it seems like she can afford it? I would never skip out on my best friends wedding. I hate to say it, but it kinda sounds like she is jealous and harbors feelings for your FI. Especially the fact that you feel this weird vibe that she doesn't like you. Listen to your gut instinct.

That said, I may be wrong. I say just invite her since it's never to late to try to be friends with her. That way, you can't say you didn't try.

Ive been there with the "friend since hs" crap and we just don't like each other at all. She wasn't invited to anything of mine wedding related as well as our wedding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by julzcabo View Post
I think the better question to ask is why doesn't she like you and why isn't she going to the wedding even though it seems like she can afford it? I would never skip out on my best friends wedding. I hate to say it, but it kinda sounds like she is jealous and harbors feelings for your FI. Especially the fact that you feel this weird vibe that she doesn't like you. Listen to your gut instinct.

That said, I may be wrong. I say just invite her since it's never to late to try to be friends with her. That way, you can't say you didn't try.
I am pretty sure this is the case. Especially since we have seen her twice since the engagement and doesn't ask a single thing about our wedding. It seems like she doesn't want to even acknowledge our relationship. I will invite her anyway though.