• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Kits55

Kits55
  • 607 posts
  • Wedding Location:Secrets Maroma Beach
  • LocationRiviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 07 May 2009 - 11:17 PM

I received our ceremony video before we left Mexico but now I can't post it online. I have no idea what I even need to do but I don't want to download a program that gives my computer a virus, etc. I also don't want to post my video if it would be illegal. There is no copyright symbol or wording on my video so I think it would be OK to post?

My in-laws asked if we could give them a copy of the DVD but I have no idea how to do this. Does anyone on here know how to do this? We only have Windows Media Player and HP player on our laptop.

TIA!

#2 Dmitri_Markine

Dmitri_Markine
  • Vendor
  • 2,782 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 12:02 AM

There are programs such as Power Director,Adobe Premiere Elements,Corel Video. Windows Vista also comes with a free editing software. Forgot how it's called...I deleted it. Windows Movie Maker maybe?

#3 Kits55

Kits55
    • 607 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 10:49 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm not against just buying extra copies but I'm afraid I won't get them in time for our two receptions. Thanks for the input!

#4 SunBride

SunBride
    • 1,499 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 11:42 PM

to make a copy I think you can just burn a copy of the DVD (assuming you have a DVD burner on your computer).

Reformatting it is more complicated. My husband was able to reformat mine so I could upload it to youtube (in chunks because the site only allows 10 min videos) but I don't know how he did it.

#5 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
      • Moderators
      • 25,218 posts
      • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
      • LocationSeattle

Posted 10 May 2009 - 11:59 PM

if you put the cd in your drive, when it pulls up, copy the file and save/paste it on your desktop.

take the cd out and replace it with a blank cd. it should say "preparing disk" or something. when it's ready, copy and paste the file from your desktop to the prepared cd, then when it's done make sure to right click the cd file and "close the session".

hmmmm. I hope that's what you were asking haha, if not, disregard

#6 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
      • Moderators
      • 25,218 posts
      • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
      • LocationSeattle

Posted 11 May 2009 - 12:01 AM

oh and as far as copyright, you can read your contract, if it doesn't say no, it's good to copy :)

#7 Kits55

Kits55
      • 607 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 01:48 PM

thanks for the advice, I will try it out! You rock :)

#8 SunBride

SunBride
      • 1,499 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 10:29 PM

that may work to make a copy but maybe not to upload it online (for example to youtube). I know for my video, it wasn't just one file, it was dozens of different files (I assume because of the menu, the music, the chapters, etc) so my husband had to reformat it to make it all one file so that I could upload it to youtube.

#9 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 18,759 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 10:49 PM

vimeo is great for hosting a video online. I think you can upload up to 20 minutes. it's higher quality than youtube too.

#10 Kits55

Kits55
          • 607 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 11:53 PM

great idea...i wasn't a big fan of putting my video on youtube, hopefully i can make it really private on vimeo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users