Photo

My optimism didn't pay off!!!! $#&? Transat!!!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Chanti

Chanti
  • 310 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 04:08 PM

I was reasonable amongst this whole swine flu nightmare, optimistic that Transat would NOT extend it's "not flying to Mexico" beyond June 1st, especially given that things seem to be quieting down there...

Just got an email from my TA informing me that Transat has cancelled all of it's flights up until and including June 22nd. We were supposed to leave June 20th, for a nice week of relaxation, before our guests join us June 26th. Well, now our guests have flights there and WE DON'T!!!

Grrrr..... On the bright side, it appears there is still space on the June 26th flight, so as long as Dreams Tulum can accomodate us from June 26th to July 10th (instead of June 20th to July 4th) we'll be OK.

I just want to GET THERE, get married and have a relaxing and fun holiday... Is that too much to ask for?

Wow, I'm sooooo frustrated... Thanks for the opportunity to vent, I'm sure this will affect more Canadian brides that were striving to remain optimistic in the midst of this airline fiasco...

Chantal

#2 ebredhawk

ebredhawk
    • 949 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 04:11 PM

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you that Dreams can accomodate! Once the mania started dying down I was hoping that all of the MX brides that could be affected would end up being okay, but clearly there's still some paranoia. I hope everything works out just like it should and you still get the relaxation you deserve!

#3 SunBride

SunBride
      • 1,499 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 04:17 PM

Oh that sucks, but at least there is a chance your wedding will go ahead as planned and only your vacation is affected, not your wedding.

#4 Chanti

Chanti
        • 310 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 04:20 PM

I refuse to change the resort, we've put so much time and effort into organizing the wedding. I'm viewing it now as an opportunity to travel with the majority of our guests to get there, and to have a "real" honeymoon week after everyone else leaves!
          I just hope the resort can accomodate our change...

#5 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
          • VIP Member
          • 18,452 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 04:24 PM

That sucks. Chantal could you fly into the US and than fly to Mexico from there? or would the cost not be worth it?

i'm sure the resort can accomadate your change so you can have a "real" honeymoon. There's probably a lot of people canceling.
            ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
            Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
            Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#6 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
            • 2,233 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 04:27 PM

I hope it all works out for you
              July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#7 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
              • VIP Member
              • 4,791 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 04:50 PM

I'm sorry!!! Boooo on Transat!

But, I think it might be a blessing in disguise - it would be fun to get to fly down with your guests and share that experience, and then get to stay for a whole week after they leave! Might feel like more of a "real" HM, KWIM?

I think Dreams Tulum should be able to accommodate you given how crappy tourism is to MX now because of all of this.

BEST OF LUCK in rescheduling!!!!!!!! Hang in there!!!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#8 litl_april

litl_april
                • 351 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 04:54 PM

Oh Chantal! I sure do hope the resort is able to work with you! Sending good vibes and crossed fingers your way!!

#9 Chanti

Chanti
                  • 310 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 08:26 PM

So I finally spoke to my TA: it's SUNQUEST that cancelled, not Transat. That means we lost our room and our flight... So we had booked in December specifically to ensure that we had an upgraded room: now we have no room. The irony is that all our guests have flights and rooms, just not us! Apparently all the upgraded rooms are taken now, so we'll end up with the economy suite for our wedding and honeymoon. If we can even get a room there. AND we can't fly down with our guests, because we need to be in Mexico three full business days before the wedding, so we NEED to be there by June 23rd at the latest. Things just went from "OK, we can cope with this" to "oh crap, NOW what"

#10 Cassondra2009

Cassondra2009
                    • 444 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 08:37 PM

Oh crap is right! That really sucks. Did you call the resort? The room must still be available if it was just cancelled right? This might be a silly question bc my Canadian geography stinks....but is it possible to drive to the US and hop on a plane on the original date?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users