#231 kfady529

• 36 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:06 PM

First dance 

Everything Micheal Buble

#232 Krs398

• 166 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:37 PM

great songs!! i am copying most of your lists into one file and then going through and picking and choosing what i like best. this is sooo helpful! i was dreading the idea of picking out a complete playlist. i'll post mine when i figure it out!

#233 IslandPlanner

• 4 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:31 PM

This is a great post!

#234 Jass7

• 187 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:20 AM

What a great thread! Thank you all for sharing!

I can't wait to build my playlist and share with you. =)

#235 Islander88

• 120 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:18 PM

Such great ideas from everyone... taking it all in

#236 shanloveslexi

• 155 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:37 PM

Great song choices! Thanks for sharing!

#237 Adesir8

• Site Supporter
              • 108 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:56 AM

just read through EVERY post! LOVE this thread! thank you all for sharing!!

#238 sbg75

• 151 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:08 AM

Fantastic thread - thanks for sharing guys, may just take me a while to get my own list together though!

#239 katman

• 170 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:33 AM

FYI- to create a smooth transition between your songs on itunes so it sounds more like a real DJ- go under Edit- preferences- playback- crossfade. You can adjust the fade. It works well!

great tip...who knew an ipod could do that? lol i guess that kind of answers my question, but i will ask anyway....using an ipod vs hiring a DJ? What has been everyones experiences? Did an ipod playlist go smoothly? Did you create playlists for each part of the day and have them played in a set order? Take your chances on shuffle for reception? pros and cons ladies? (apart from others touching the ipod - thanks for that heads up jacilynda) kat

#240 katman

• 170 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:41 AM

Whoa I don't think I have a playlist quite like any other here- me and Fiance are alt rock fans, we love unusual songs old and new. A lot of people may not recognize these but I bet if you plug them into YouTube and have a listen you will like them!!! Ceremony and Cocktail hour are steel pan band. Dinner: City and ColourĀ  - The Girl redemption song - Bob Marley thank you - Led Zeppelin Into the Mystic - Van Morrison love song - The Cure do you realize - The Flaming Lips Only one - The Black Keys things behind the sun - Nick Drake heaven (acoustic) - Bryan Adams With or without you - U2 Hard Sun - Eddie Vedder endlessly - Muse meeting in the aisle - Radiohead Ill be your man - The Black Keys Wild Horses - Rolling Stones Iron lion zion - Bob Marley Shuffle your feet -Black Rebel Motorcycle Club I Follow Rivers (moon) - Lykke Li One - U2 A Million Miles an Hour - Eastern Conference Champions Who Do You Love? - George Thorogood everlasting light - The Black Keys First Dance: Sea of Love - Cat Power Parent's tribute songs: Evergreen - Barbra Streisand unchained melody - Righteous Brothers Slow songs: Could I have this dance - Ann Murray (request from relative) Forever - Ben Harper Make you feel my love - Adele cover of Bob Dylan always be right there - Bryan Adams lady in red -Chris Deburgh (tribute to father) Turn Your Lights Down Low - Bob Marley Kiss the Girl - Little Mermaid drive - The Cars (use as last slow song) Dance Songs: Thunderstruck - AC/DC (request from father) Sunshine of Your Love - Cream dancing in the moonlight - Thin Lizzy white wedding - Billy Idol Is This Love - Bob Marley girl I love you - Massive Attack heartbeats - The Knife just say yes - Snow Patrol have love will travel - The Black Keys Spread your love - Black Rebel Motorcycle Club Get Some - Lykke Li Money for Nothing - Dire Straights (request from best friend) Undisclosed Desires - Muse Dancing inĀ  the streets - Mick Jagger and David Bowie fool in the rain - Led Zeppelin A Girl Like You - Edwyn Collins One More Time - Daft Punk The People - The Music Superfreak - Rick James Finish Night with: angel - Massive Attack young at heart - Tom Waits I will need to cut down the list for time but for now this is what I have.

LOVE THIS LIST!!! (sorry for the back to back posts from me...i just don't shut up lol) my guy and i are big rock fans as well and were getting mixed reviews about playing this type of music at our reception. But hey, it is OUR reception, right? lol. i also was thinking of adding a section to our wedding website where guests can make particular song requests for the reception (with a disclaimer that there are no guarantees of course). Did anyone else do this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users