Sign in to follow this  
tata2

How long can you wait?

We got married last weekend and are having the AHR in July. had to work around my school schedule as well. I am sure that people will easily understand that you wanted to wait and enjoy some nice weather. I wouldn't worry about it

Thanks for this thread! I am getting married in November, and we are still deciding when to do the AHR. I think getting it done in December is unrealistic, and we'll have a lot of conflict with the holidays. I wonder if I can talk FI into waiting until May or June for nice weatherhuh.gif? Probably not!

I wouldn't stress about it. I shot a wedding where the couple had been legally married for four years and had two kids and was having the formal wedding as more of a get together with friends and family since they didn't do it before. Everyone is different and I think what people should do is whatever they feel is right for them.

I really like this quote from Kelly Ripa from here True Hollywood Story, it goes something like this: "I want a marriage, not a wedding".

-Nora

We are also having our AHR approx 6 mos after the wedding. Again to wait till the nice weather. We are getting married in Jan and most likely waiting till August. That being said my sister in law to be waited a year to have hers! I don't think that it really matters people will be happy to celebrate with you anytime!

We are getting married in January and doing our AHR immediately after only because we know we will still be in wedding mode (and still have our tans!!) I would love to do a bbq or something like that instead, but We decided to do it immediately so that our guests and us will still feel like its new and fresh and I know Ill still be excited where a couple months later the "newness" of being a new bride might wear off. Just my choice but anything you choose for your wedding Im sure will be perfect for You!!! CONGRATS

We are getting married in January 2010 but we are having our AHR before then. We are calling it our "Almost Married" reception! Which is this August back in Connecticut where I was born and raised. So we are flying home for that reception. Then after the wedding we are having a reception in UT. for all the people who couldnt make it from here!

I was going to have my AHR in September (about a month after) when it was still warm but it looks like we may be moving from our place when we come back, so we be having it much later than we had previously planned! I don't think our guests will really mind when it is as long as they get to celebrate with us at some point :)

You have at least a year from your wedding date. To me that seems a little extensive but.. thats what I read! lol. We are planning ours about a month after our wedding. Good luck with your planning!!

We're getting married in December and we wanted to have a backyard BBQ but we'd have to wait until June for that (we live in MN)... we were thinking that was too long to wait, so we decided to rent a hall and have the AHR in March, 3 months after the wedding. Now I'm wondering if maybe we should have gone with our first plan! Oh well...