Photo

How long can you wait?

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 tata2

tata2
  • 76 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 08:22 AM

How long can you wait for an AHR? We are getting married in Nov. and would really want a casual out door BBQ. My Mom thinks it needs to be at most a few weeks after but not to close to Christmas. We live in Canada so an out door BBQ in Nov/Dec. is out of the question, any advise?
    Tamasin

#2 GracieBebe

GracieBebe
    • 354 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 12:41 PM

We are having ours before our wedding so we're calling it a pre-wedding celebration/send-off party. We also wanted an outdoor bbq/picnic style AHR and our wedding is in Sept. By the time we get back and host everything, it will be late Sept and might be a bit chilly to have anything outdoorsy and still be comfortable. So, we opted to have ours in August.

But you can do whatever you want and have it whenever you want. If you want to wait until the following spring/summer, go ahead! There really aren't any rules on when/where you can have an AHR! G'luck!
      - Grace
      Location - Chateau de Challain, Challain la Potherie, France
      Engagement Date - Sept. 6, 2008
      Wedding Date - Sept. 9, 2009
      Our Pro wedding photo website:http://fanelliweddin....l&startIndex=0Our wedding planning website:http://www.mywedding...graceandmichael

#3 caroline1sc

caroline1sc
      • 5 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 07:11 PM

Quick question, how are you doing your invites for a sendoff? We are planning to have maybe 5-6 couples from our hometown, but didn't know if we were better off including others early with someting like your sendoff, or sending save the dates for the AHR at the same time we do wedding invites? And do something a month or so later?

I don't want to do any showers because we are not having that many folks from here, but our friends that are invited from here don't seem to get why it may be rude to include those who aren't coming to the wedding. Advice??

#4 Ginalyn

Ginalyn
        • 2,754 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 07:31 PM

My wedding is in June and my AHR is in September. So thats a three month lag for me!

#5 scrouse

scrouse
          • 185 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 07:39 PM

We're also getting married in Nov. and don't plan on having AHR until the nice weather arrives...probably not until June. We just think it will be nice to have a fun bbq --and winter in Toronto is definitely no time for a bbq!

Happy planning!

#6 EDRBride2009

EDRBride2009
            • 278 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 07:49 PM

We are also getting married in November, and planning a casual summer BBQ. I realize that it's a long time in between (living in Saskatchewan, it could be June or July) but that's fine with us. We want to keep it as a fun casual event, so if it turns out more like a party and less like a 'reception', even better!

#7 Vikki

Vikki
              • 807 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 08:03 PM

We're getting married in November also and probably won't have our AHR until January or February. I don't want to compete with the holidays since people are always so busy that time of year.

#8 dodds

dodds
                • 44 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 01:55 PM

I'm doing my AHR 6months after the ceremony. People can easily figure out that you delayed the AHR, so that it can be outdoors.

#9 hunniebee724

hunniebee724
                  • 340 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 05:01 PM

I was wondering the same thing! We met in February '06, officially got together in February '08 and got engaged in February '09. I'm a teacher, and we want to do a cruise wedding, so it has to be in the summer while I'm off. We're getting married in August '10, and I was thinking of doing the AHR in February '11...six months later. I'm glad I'm not the only one waiting so long!

#10 jac

jac
                    • 33 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 12:03 AM

We are going to do our wedding in January, and likely will wait until May or June for the AHR... of which I think we are having 2!
                      So Freaking Excited!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users