• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#11 Vikki

Vikki
  • 807 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 11:40 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JaimeLynne
    Oh, and my train is "chapel length" (think that's what it's called??). It was longer but I had her take it in about a foot, but it still has a decent train, and that's what I'm using for my TTD. Mine has all sorts of delicate beading that I'm worried about messing up... I have to wear mine again for the AHR! I really hope I don't mess it up...
    Hmmm. Mine has a some beading too, on the bodice and the skirt, I didn't think about that.

#12 Dmitri_Markine

Dmitri_Markine
    • Vendor
    • 2,782 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 12:16 AM

It's a nice dress for TTD.
      I suggest you do pictures on the sand first and then go into the water. I suspect, it may get a bit heavy after that.

#13 melette

melette
      • 893 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 01:06 AM

2 thumbs up for me! The TTD gown I purchased is a big poofy one also! I love that effect, and think it'll make for a great TTD photo session. But, it's all personal preference.
        http://i36.photobuck...ette12/mcc1.jpgFirst Dance as Mr. & Mrs 01/21/2010http://tickers.Ticke....1911/event.png

BRIDE&GROOM + 85 Family & Friends BOOKED and had a blast!

#14 Vikki

Vikki
        • 807 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 08:33 AM

Thanks everyone-I feel much better about the purchase now.

I think I probably ought to buy that TiVo HD to go along with the BD photo album for the FI's gift huh? I'm just worried which one he'll spend more time looking at

#15 sunsetbride1

sunsetbride1
          • 1,083 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 11:47 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Vikki

I think I probably ought to buy that TiVo HD to go along with the BD photo album for the FI's gift huh? I'm just worried which one he'll spend more time looking at
            Just wanted to chime in and say that the dress is perfect for a TTD and you can absolutely bustle it if you are worried about the train.

And.. LOL, your FI is too funny!! And.. I am SURE that he will look at the BD photos more than the Tivo!

#16 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
            • VIP Member
            • 4,791 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 11:54 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Vikki
              Hmmm. Mine has a some beading too, on the bodice and the skirt, I didn't think about that.
              If it helps at all my MOH is a clothing designer, and she told me it would be fine as long as I don't "roll around in the sand" - lol. Just try not to get too carried away

That is so funny! I did not end up getting a BD book for reasons out of my control, but I bet FI would LOOOOVE something like that - he would totally drool over a PS3 (or whatever the latest version is haha), probably more than the BD book!!! Men...

~ Jaime & Martin ~
              "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#17 MayBride2010

MayBride2010
              • 204 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 09:41 PM

i think that dress will be great for TTD. Some people think I am crazy because I bought a big pouffy dress for TTD (Maggie Sottero Capri with no train) instead of wearing my nice fitted dress (sophia tolli Ashley) for it :)

#18 destination

destination
                • 215 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 11:35 PM

looks great for TTD IMO. We want to see pics when it happens

#19 islandbride317

islandbride317
                  • 1,866 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 05:30 AM

Your FI is hilarious! He reminds me of mine...who, yes, thinks I am a little nuts, as well, since I will end up have THREE dresses when it's all said and done!

Like you, I had already purchased a dress for the ceremony (and I didn't take my time to try on lots of other dresses so I have been sort of regretting my original decision), and I plan to wear that dress after I have it shortened for the reception. The new, more formal gown (I had myself convinced that I couldn't have a princessy dress for a DW, but now I am going to go for it!) is still yet to be purchased, but I decided to get a specifically TTD dress -- and I found a pretty great one on eBay for $75!

I think that would be a WONDERFUL dress for your TTD, as well! The only thing I might caution you about is that I have seen some dresses with pick-ups sort of "balloon" up a little bit when you're in the water because air gets into the layers....just a thought!

CONGRATS on going with your heart and finding YOUR perfect dress! I say TTD away!

#20 Vikki

Vikki
                    • 807 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 09:35 AM

Thanks for the opinions! I haven't actually "told" the FI I bought it, I just sort of stopped talking about it so hopefully he'll forget and by the time he see's me in it it won't matter anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users