Photo

laid off

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 O'Driscoll Photography

O'Driscoll Photography
  • 4,853 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 12:28 PM

Sorry to hear that, Tamasin. My sister was laid off from her job as well. Hope you can find a new job soon.

Best wishes,
    Tod

#12 litl_april

litl_april
    • 351 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 01:06 PM

I'm so sorry to hear you were laid off, Tamasin. I wasn't laid off but I haven't found a job since we had to relocate for FI's new job. It's been almost 6 months. It has been a struggle. Although it's given me time for DIY projects and training my puppy! That's how I've been trying to look at it anyways. I hope you can find something else soon. We're all here for you if you need to chat.

#13 tata2

tata2
      • 76 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 07:43 AM

Thanks everyone for your well wishes. It is nice to have a fellowship with women walking down the same aisle! Now if I could ever score enough points to use some of your great DIY's that would be great!
        Tamasin

#14 jk1101

jk1101
        • 2,582 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 10:44 AM

Hi Tamasin
          I was laid off from my job the day after I booked my resort in March so I definitely know how you feel.

Doblauvelt and Sunset Bride1 - I'm in Central Jersey too - Big Pharma.

The way FI and I looked at it - we were getting married anyway, so we're continuing on the same way. I got my dress and shoes now, since I'm still getting paid. i'm looking at how I can do things in the most cost effective manner, and will be doing everything I can to maximize what my company offers in terms of career change assistance.

My best to everyone who is going through this right now. It totally stinks!

#15 godaloveme

godaloveme
          • 282 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 10:44 AM

congratts and welcome!!!

#16 BillysBride

BillysBride
            • 1,255 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 09:54 PM

So sorry to hear this...my FH actually got laid off for almost four months RIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS! So I do feel your pain.

I don't think a DW has to be expensive. I'm pretty penny pinching normally anyway, so the biggest advice I can give is SCALE BACK. You can probably do everything you planned, you just might not be able to do it on the scale you planned. For instance, we aren't having a formal reception, just a cake/punch/champagne/cocktail hour. My girls are using carrying instead of flowers and I scoured the net til my nails broke off in search of a photographer whose style but was inexpensive.

Just make a list of what you want to have....and then go from there finding ways of having those things either done yourself, or via lower cost vendors. The ladies here are amazing and if you post a specific question about needing help finding something, you'll get it! Good luck!
              Savannah

http://i17.photobuck....inecollage.jpgThe Fab Four (my quads) Meryn, Kellen, Nico & Layla
              http://global.thekno...rs/tt265ad.aspxhttp://www.mywedding...nnah/index.html20 STD's w. pre-lim RSVP sent 6/15/09: 7 "Yes" so far/10 guests total!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users