Best foundation etc for photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsfinallyhere View Post
What about the rest of the make-up girls. I need to know what to get for eyeliner and mascara. I will be crying and don't want those to run! And somebody said something about highlighting and lowlighting with the make up. Sorry girls but I hardly ever wer make. And am unsure of what you mean. And will concealer get rid of bags under your eyes? I almost always have them. Thanks for your help girls.
I went with eyelash extensions so I didn't have to wear mascara or liner the entire time we were in Mexico. And the best part, no worries if tears are shed. I love them so much that I am still wearing them. This is the first time in my life I don't have to spend so much time lining my eyes and putting on several coats of mascara.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaM2b View Post
I went with eyelash extensions so I didn't have to wear mascara or liner the entire time we were in Mexico. And the best part, no worries if tears are shed. I love them so much that I am still wearing them. This is the first time in my life I don't have to spend so much time lining my eyes and putting on several coats of mascara.
wow that's great! do they glue them on or something? how long to they last?

You can sort of see the link in this photo.

LINK! You can use the magnifying icon at the bottom to make it a little bigger.

I get fills every three weeks, usually during my lunch hour. They are truly extensions of your existing lashes. Your natural lashes only last a little more than a month so the extensions fall off with your natural lashes cycle, thus the reason for the fills. They use a surgical glue to apply them to each individual lash. They have assorted lengths in pre-curled to straight lashes. If you are going to try it, I would recommend you start a couple months before the wedding so you can get a couple fills and figure out what you like. I went with a little longer for the wedding.

p.s. At first, I tried a place that didn't specialize in lashes (it was where I get my nails done). They put some pre-woven clusters of lashes on my eyes and used a very toxic glue. They were horrible.

I changed to someone that used the high quality surgical glue and the individual lashes and they are outstanding. They really made the 11 days in Mexico easier for me and my life easier since I have got back. I don't know if I will ever stop wearing them.

lashes extensions are great and look much better on the pictures then fakes.

I will definitely recommend mac foundation. After many years of working as a photographer and make-up artist and trying hundreds of different ones - MAC is number 1. Good applied will stay on your face for whole day.

It feels heavy but doesn't looks like this. You also mix it with your moisturizer for every day use and lighter coverage.

Important things - apply foundation with the brush and then set with face spray. (body shop - face mist with vitamin E works perfectly and is very nice for everyday use in summer). Blotting papers works great as you will sweat. Don't put to much dry powder on, just foundation and a little bit of bronzer works great for destination weddings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlseege View Post
hi ladies!
Tammy B and I just did a photo shoot in Chicago and we always bring along our own makeup artist. This time I decided to ask her about the makeup that she uses.
She said that for makeup to be worn while photographed in daylight or with a flash, it is VERY important that you don't use mineral makeup or makeup with too much sunscreen in it.
Both of these types of foundations have reflective properties which will make your face look shiny in photos. Yes, it looks gorgeous in real life, but it does NOT usually translate well to photos.
I just thought I'd throw that out there.
Oh wow! I had no idea! I use the Bare Escentuals mineral makeup. I love the way it looks on my skin but I should get something different for Mexico.

Thanks for the tip!

• 5 months later...

I don't know if anyone has said this, but I thought I would share....My make-up artist friend said to find something with NO SPF. I guess the SPF in foundation makes it photograph weird and that's what can make your face white. I had no clue, just thought I would share. =)

I do not wear makeup on a daily basis, but from friends who are in the entertainment industry MAC is the way to go! It holds up best under various temperatures and all day wear without looking fakey. Photographs flawlessly too

Any ideas for the best waterproof mascara? I know I will be crying all day so I better be prepared:)