RSVPs are late

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 sunsetbride1

sunsetbride1
  • 1,083 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 10:05 AM

I know how you feel!!!!

RSVP's are the worst... I ended up sending a mass email as mentioned above to everyone I had not heard from. And the 'kicker' is that my BP and all the parents decided that they didn't have to return theirs because I know they are coming to the wedding. What a pain ...

#12 egsarah

egsarah
    • 355 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 10:26 PM

Thats SO frustrating!! Good luck with all of your calls.

#13 Mystic

Mystic
      • 254 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 12:05 AM

I just sent my invitations out today with an RSVP date of August 1, so I haven't had to deal with people not RSVPing just yet. But I'm going to pissed if I wasted all those stamps!

#14 mrsrhbtobe

mrsrhbtobe
        • 387 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 12:11 AM

I can only imagine how this feels, and I'm mentally preparing...I honestly think some people don't realize how important RSVPs are to us brides! My mom taught me to always RSVP, but I think some people just toss those cards into their mail pile without thinking about how much time and energy we have put into planning our weddings. It takes 2 seconds to drop that little card back into the mail. Good luck with your calls!
          Love is not about finding the right person, but creating a right relationship. It's not about how much love you have in the beginning but how much love you build till the end.

#15 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
          • 4,881 posts
          • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
          • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
          • LocationNew York

Posted 07 May 2009 - 08:48 AM

Oh yes. No one sends back the RSVPs. Seriously, NO one. I think we had maybe 7 of the 50 we sent come back. Hellooooooo? If we didn't want you to send them back, we wouldn't have bothered to send them to you in the first place.

Ah... I love people. The funny thing is that now that I've been through it, we send back the RSVP within about 2 days whenever we get an invite.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#16 sstotz

sstotz
          • 298 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 09:21 AM

yup! i'm right there with you! My RSVP deadline was a LONG time ago, and Im finding out every week through word of mouth that so-and-so is coming, but never RSVPed with me.. who knows how many are actually going to be down there.. I have no idea what to do about food and bev!!
            ~Soon to be Shanny May
            June 20th, 2009
            Cabo San Lucas, MX

http://ticker.7910.o....nRkb3duISE.gif

#17 litl_april

litl_april
            • 351 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 09:39 AM

It is definately annoying. We did postcards with the stamps right on them so all they had to do was check a line and throw it in the mail. Would take 2 seconds if you already know for sure you're either going or not going. It's no wonder so many people don't want to put postage on their RSVP's...it'll just be wasted moolah anyways!! <--That's what we need, some drinks and to hit these people over the heads!!

#18 eheineke

eheineke
              • 14 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 10:01 AM

I sent out invitations recently and started getting RSVPs right away! Unfortunately most are people saying they can't come. The funny thing is that every RSVP I've gotten is from FI's family. Not a single reply from mine yet!

#19 Sloan

Sloan
                • 1,279 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 10:35 AM

Yeah, Im still waiting for RSVP's to come back... hahaha. Ive pretty much disowned most of my friends... but that's a whole other thread. We feel your pain!

#20 scottgm2

scottgm2
                  • 229 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 09:25 PM

not looking forward to the stress of RSVP's but how many people have recieved them with people adding extra people. You expect them to send theirs back and they tell you the want to bring a guest. Does this happen much

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users