Sign in to follow this  
Jess

Mother / Son songs?

My fiancé wants to use 'Have I told you lately - Rod Stewart'. His parents are huge Stewart's fans!

I'm thinking of having my fiancé and my mom join us during the last minute of our father|daughter dance.... and I would join my fiancé and his mom during the last minute with his dad. What do you think?

Ok, so I am trying to find some mother/son songs for my FI that are short and aren't really lovey dovey. I read on here that other brides were looking for the same thing. Could you share what you chose? Does anyone have any other ideas? I have looked through alot of songs and haven't been able to find one.

Well we ended up picking Unforgetable by Nat King Cole for our combined mother/son and father/daughter dance. Everyone loves that song, it isn't too lovey dovey and it itsn't too long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephyD View Post
My fiancé wants to use 'Have I told you lately - Rod Stewart'. His parents are huge Stewart's fans!

I'm thinking of having my fiancé and my mom join us during the last minute of our father|daughter dance.... and I would join my fiancé and his mom during the last minute with his dad. What do you think?
So funny my FI's parents are huge Rod Stewart fan too! We were going to do "Have I told you lately" but FI is not too close to his mom so we picked "Forever Young" instead.

please get me sorted here...when does the son and mother dance? after father and daughter?  i read that the son and mother dance at teh same time as the father and daughter or no?  it doesn't make sense..

Originally Posted by mmontgo View Post

Here are some ideas:

•"The Man You've Become" by Wedding Music Central

•"Mama" by Boyz II Men

•"You are the Sunshine of My Life" by Stevie Wonder

•"My Wish" by Rascal Flatts

•"Baby Mine" from Dumbo

•"Simple Man" by Lynryd Skynryd

•"May Each Day" by Andy Williams

•"What a Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong

•"Loves Me Like A Rock" by Paul Simon

I love these songs! "Mama" by Boyz II Men never fails me to touch my heart when I listen to this song. Very wonderful!

those are beautiful choices, made me want to cry, im not doing a father daughter dance, but a dance with my boys, while he dances with his mom.. thanks girls!