Sign in to follow this  
Jess

Mother / Son songs?

My FI is not looking forward to have to dance in front of everyone so he is not being a big help with the song selections. lol!

I've been making him listen to some songs and he did like "Simple Man" either from lynard skynard or shinedown. I love that song. I think its perfect for a mother/son dance.

But since he is kinda SHY about having to this dance..I suggested that we choose one song and do the mother/son and father/daughter dance together. If we choose to go with this option we will probably be dancing to "The wonder of you" by elvis presley. It is is meant to be a romantic song but I don't think its too mushy for this occasion.

What do you ladies think about this?

My FI chose "I Can See Clearly Now" by Johnny Nash - his mom loved it. We had a hard time finding a song that wasn't mushy or over the top for his taste and this one fit them perfectly.

I like Godspeed by the Dixie Chicks. But we are thinking about doing the mom/son and father/daughter together like mariej. Kind of random but I think we are going to use Mama He's Crazy by The Judds.

I was having the same issue with my FMIL-my mother has suggested "what a wonderful world"-Louis Armstrong. I am hoping they will stick with this so I don't have to worry about tracking down another song!