Sign in to follow this  
Jess

Mother / Son songs?

Hi ladies - I searched for this and surprisingly nothing came up - so if there is a thread, Mods, please connect me.

What is/did your FI/DH dancing/dance to with his mom? Or are you even doing this tradition? My father/daughter dance song is a given - but FI's no help with this one.

TIA!

FI and I went through a bunch of songs a few weeks ago; I can't remember all the ones we liked or didn't - there were waaayyyy too many! And.. on a lot of the websites; the songs were a bit creepy for mother-son dances in my opinion as they sound to me like they talk about romantic love.

FI liked this one so far:

YouTube - Mother Son Wedding Song - "The Man You've Become"

BUT, I looked in the history of my computer and here are the sites we used; hope this helps!

Mother Son Dance Songs - Wedding Songs for the Groom and his Mother

Mother Son Wedding Songs

YouTube - My Life,my soul,my son

YouTube - Mother Son Song ''A Perfect Mother Son Song - On This Day'' - As Seen On TV

We're having the same problem. My song is a given, but FI and his mom aren't close at all (she didn't really raise him) & we can't thing of a nice song that isn't too mushy for them. If anyone has any ideas...

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoursTruly View Post
Mama - Boyz II Men
We're using "A Song for Mama" as well.

What about "I Hope You Dance" by LeAnn Womack (I think)

For us, it was between 'Beatles - Blackbird' or 'Crosby, Stills & Nash - Teach Your Children.' We chose Teach Your Children - his mom was very pleased.

I love Blackbird!

I think we are considering "It's a Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong

Here are some ideas:

•"The Man You've Become" by Wedding Music Central

•"Mama" by Boyz II Men

•"You are the Sunshine of My Life" by Stevie Wonder

•"My Wish" by Rascal Flatts

•"Baby Mine" from Dumbo

•"Simple Man" by Lynryd Skynryd

•"May Each Day" by Andy Williams

•"What a Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong

•"Loves Me Like A Rock" by Paul Simon