Super Date Ideas

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Rachelle E.

Rachelle E.
  • VIP Member
  • 4,116 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 01:04 PM

Ok, I just read my post...apparently all our dates involve drinking! Lol! I guess it can't be helped...we're both kind of "lushes".

#22 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
    • 4,979 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 01:12 PM

ROFL Rachelle... it's does help, it's true! lol.

I like the idea about meeting for drinks after work - it kind of brings back the mystery and excitement back to it! I agree... we're both getting ready for other dates at the same time, and there is really no element of surprise to it!!
      Happily Married since May 9, 2008
      Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#23 Rachelle E.

Rachelle E.
      • VIP Member
      • 4,116 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 01:25 PM

Quote:
        we're both getting ready for other dates at the same time, and there is really no element of surprise to it!!
        Totally. So true. Although sometimes getting ready together ends up being fun. . .even if we don't ever actually make it out to wherever we were going! We sometimes have a problem with that. Oh well. . .probably due to all that drinkin' we do! Lol!

#24 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
        • VIP Member
        • 11,403 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 02:12 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by jak27
          One of our favorite things to do is have a wine & cheese night. We don't make dinner at all, instead, we head to a gourmet grocery store and load up on olives, cheese, crackers/break and wine. We come home, make a huge spread and watch something stupid on TV like Cops or 48 Hours Mystery!

It sounds lame but it's great that something as easy as changing up routine can make an evening enjoyable. Plus, we love each other's company, so we could do nothing at all and still have a blast.
          Jill! We do the same thing sometimes! Nothing better than great wine, yummy cheese, some fresh bread & olives.

#25 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
          • VIP Member
          • 11,403 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 02:17 PM

Ok, so other than wine & cheese extravaganzas, here's what we like to do:

Drive down to Big Sur, (where we had our first date & where he asked me to marry him), and listen to live music on Sunday, have a few drinks & a late lunch. Then we usually come in & sit by the fire for a little while - good memories there.

Mountain bike riding - something we used to do ALL the time when we first started dating...not as much these days. But, I really enjoy doing active things together - getting all sweaty & what not.

Take a picnic to the beach.

Lately - Go on a motorcycle ride & have a late lunch.

And, every Tuesday we meet up for sushi.

#26 Martha

Martha
            • VIP Member
            • 3,906 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 06:11 PM

I have never considered them "dates," they are just things we do together. We are weird, I guess. :shrug:

We go out to dinner probably 3 nights a week. We meet up for drinks after work. We both love the beach, so we go to the beach (even in the winter) just to hang out. We love to bowl. We play bingo (ha!). We go camping on the lake. My FI is an artist, so we hit up art museums when we are in San Antonio. We play basketball together. We take monthly weekend trips and in the summer we go on a mini vacation....

We are going to start taking guitar lessons once we move to San Antonio.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users