Sign in to follow this  
rodent

Is there a compiled list of Oahu photographers?

I searched & searched and didn't find one.

If there isn't one, I can start it. I'm looking for a photographer to take anniversary pics of Mike when we travel to Oahu next summer.

I already have a word document started of Oahu photographers. Please let me know if there is a list & I just missed it.

Hi, Morgan,

There isn't one for Oahu and compiling one would be great...too late for me sad.gif but great for future brides. That was one helpful thing I would of liked to see here. I'm getting married later this month and using Kai Photos so I can give a review after that.

ok so since there isn't a list everyone can start posting the photographers they know of here

Once we have a few collected, I'll make a master list

Frank Amodo-www.frankamodo.com

Shawn Starr-www.shawnstarr.com

Rachel Robertson-www.rachelrobertson.com

Dulce by Visionari-www.dulcephoto.com

Visionari-www.visionari.com

Blufotografica-www.blufoto.com

These are few I looked at. All are amazing.

So I'm back now and had an interesting experience. I had Kyler from Kai Photos and his pictures came out horrible.

I purchased a 6 hour package and only got one photog. Of the 6 hours he produced me with supposedly 378 selected pictures and 593 extras. As we looked through all of the photos in the extras they included duplicates of what we seen in the selected photos. So we got a total of 593 pictures not 971. The majority of our pics included only the bridal party and a handful of shots of our actual guests.

I didn't realize how bad his photos were until I seen one of our uncles who took about 950 photos of the ceremony and reception. My uncle didn't do pre-ceremony or bridal pics because we relied on Kyler and boy do we regret it.

My grip is not about him as a person or professionalism, it's more about his talent or his camera. I'm not sure which one it is.

The pictures came out looking like those of an amateur photographer. Most of the pictures of the bridal party together, you can barely see faces. I know the day was a bit overcast and thought that this could of affected the pictures but when I seen our uncles pictures this was not the case at all.

Anyways, I hope I save someone else from possible heartache. I would not at all recommend him or even Kai Photos.

My wedding planner recommended him and she was horrible as with the other vendors that she recommended. I’ll compile a lengthy post about my experience with her.

thanks girls!

i liked frank amodo's photos but it was way out of our price range unfortunately sad.gif

terra photos would better suit my budget! thanks island princess!

& thats too bad aboout ur photographer (princessina) sad.gif But thanks for the heads up! will look out for your review!

I used Mike Pham and Johnny, they were AWESOME, really nice, patient, and didn't mind coming earlier and staying a bit later than the 6 hr package we booked. They also graciously drove two cars to take us offsite for pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adnil View Post

I used Mike Pham and Johnny, they were AWESOME, really nice, patient, and didn't mind coming earlier and staying a bit later than the 6 hr package we booked. They also graciously drove two cars to take us offsite for pictures.
where did they take you? was this before or after the ceremony?
after reading your review of them, i decided to check them out and we really liked their photos so we're getting their 6 hr package as well
:)