taking care of your hair

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#31 cessyboston

cessyboston
  • VIP Member
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 08:22 AM

girls...............if you are using a product or product line i can help with that too....sorry i am a redken girl but if you tell me what you like i can try to help with that too.....hope this thread helps..........
    Redken.com - Products
    Married oct 10th 2008 ~ proud parents to Miss Sophia Emma feb 2, 2010

#32 Fotini

Fotini
    • 131 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 09:53 AM

Hi- I totally missed this thread first time around.. i have been reading and taking notes.

Ok so my question, what sort of gel would you recommend for someone with a lot of slightly wavy and heavyhair. that is not stiff.

thanks for being so helpful!!!

#33 cessyboston

cessyboston
      • VIP Member
      • 2,096 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 10:12 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Fotini
        Hi- I totally missed this thread first time around.. i have been reading and taking notes.

Ok so my question, what sort of gel would you recommend for someone with a lot of slightly wavy and heavyhair. that is not stiff.

thanks for being so helpful!!!
        there is a product called ringlet....it details the curl then you mix it with crystal
        curls...they are both mild hold use them together...
        Redken.com - Products

#34 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
        • 4,979 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 10:20 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by cessyboston
          im so sorry......i hope i have helped i just think a lot of people do not let people know about there hair i think it is so important to use the right shapoo and condtioner first then the products because if the hair is not in good condtion it has no shine and is lifeless...do you know who made volumizing tonic?? google it and look at some products you might find it....guts is a good product from redken you spray it right at the root be careful to much of any product you know makes your ahir feel gross...pm me if you need me to help more........
          Thanks Erica!!! Hehe, there's no need to apolgize, I'm one of those really annoying, incredibly difficult clients... be glad I don't live near you! I'll give the "guts" a try - thanks for your help!
          Happily Married since May 9, 2008
          Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#35 DreaW

DreaW
          • Banned
          • 2,462 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 06:27 PM

Erica
            question for you...
            My hair has been falling out....or better to say I shead a lot but recently it's been a lot, or to me it seems a lot.
            Erik makes fun of me that my hair is everywhere. Do you think it's because of stress or my thick hair thinning out? My sister's hair sheads a lot too.

why does this happen and how can I fix it?

Thanks,
            Drea

#36 cessyboston

cessyboston
            • VIP Member
            • 2,096 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 06:56 PM

your probably stressed out.....it is very normal also if our diet changes we can shead a lot.....our hair and nails tell a lot of ourselves....but i would just watch it if your hair is long we seem to notice it more then ususual...you should be fine... i like a product called anti snap it is a leave in condtioner it makes your hair stronger try that but you should be fine..miss lady... i think planning a wedding would make anyones hair fall out.......hope this helps............

#37 Fotini

Fotini
              • 131 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 06:15 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by cessyboston
                there is a product called ringlet....it details the curl then you mix it with crystal
                curls...they are both mild hold use them together...
                Redken.com - Products
                i just wanted to tell you i love the stuff! you are a life saver i have been wasting money on trying different products for 6 months now

thanks. thanks thanks

#38 cessyboston

cessyboston
                • VIP Member
                • 2,096 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 11:39 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Fotini
                  i just wanted to tell you i love the stuff! you are a life saver i have been wasting money on trying different products for 6 months now

thanks. thanks thanks
                  yuppie.....any questions just ask away you can pm me anytime too....

#39 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
                  • 4,979 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 05:58 PM

Erica,

I colour my own hair because I'm cheap and can't afford to have it coloured professionally (). So, I really really really needed to dye it but I kept putting it off until finally I decided it was getting too close to my site visit to colour because I'd have to recolour before I left then. The problem is, my roots are showing really bad. It's totally tacky! I have 3 weeks until my engagement pictures. If I dye my hair, will my roots be showing by the time 3 weeks rolls around? My hair colour isn't too far away from the colour I dye it, but it is a little darker, and I really don't want them showing in my engagement pictures.

So... how soon can I dye my hair? If I do it now, will my roots be showing in 3 weeks?

Thanks!!!

Edited to Add: I also have a wedding to go to this weekend, which is why I'm leaning towards doing it now rather than waiting another week or two!
                    Happily Married since May 9, 2008
                    Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#40 Jackie

Jackie
                    • 2,290 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 06:06 PM

OH Cessy are you a hair dresser? I have a question (or huge complaint lol). I have really REALLY curly dry hair. anyway I do try and do my treatments once a week and I do put in a leave in conditioner in everyday and I also use hydrating shampoos and conditioners and only shampoo 1ce to 2ce a week and also go every 8-10 weeks for a trim. BUT it took me FOREVER to find a product that I really like and that was Grahm Webbs curl definer (teal bottle), anyway Grahm Webb sold out their company and now I am left once again to try every dang product out there until I find one I like. So my question is, do you have a favorite product you use with people that have VERY curly hair?
                      I have tried Matrix, Biolage, Paul Mitchell and have not been happy.
                      Any suggestions?

PS. just wanted to remind you one more time how FRIZZY and Curly my hair is...pay no attention to my picture I had it blown out that week.
                      My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
                      http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users