9 replies to this topic

#1 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
  • VIP Member
  • 4,791 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 07:14 PM

Hi all,

Please help!

Martin has already applied for several jobs in his field (Construction Management) but most say they're either not hiring, or one has said they will be hiring in June which works out great for us (just after our HM), however I know we can't count on that!! So, I saw that Palm Beach Tan is hiring in our DFW area for Managers in Training/Asst. Managers. (He was unfortunately laid off NYE Day from his previous job as an Assistant Project Manager, so a management position would be great for his resume!)

Martin went to go fill out the form today and it asks what is your EXPECTED salary/wage? It gives options for hourly, bi-monthly, monthly or annually.

Do you or anyone you know work for this company? Any idea what he should try and ask for, salary wise? I don't want him to low-ball himself, but also don't want him to ask for too much and not get the job, KWIM?

He tried Googling this, but couldn't find anything so I said I'd call in the BDW Ladies!!

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

He is still in school (for Construction Management) so does not want this as a permanent job, however with us getting married and all of our financial responsibilities he has to get some sort of job soon. They offer what looks like good insurance plans plus Dental and 401k, etc. Insurance is a MUST for us with my Lyme disease as such a liability, and I probably will not be able to hold down a full-time job for about a year (have to go through treatment for that long).

Again, I REALLY appreciate any input you might have!!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
    "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#2 meli122

meli122
    • 269 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 07:20 PM

We are not exactly sure but one of friends is a manager for Palm beach out in DC. We are purely guessing that an assistant manager is about at 35,000 annually. Just a guess though.

When I interview I always just say negotiable so the employer has to throw out a number first. HTH.

#3 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
      • VIP Member
      • 4,791 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 07:24 PM

He is just filling out a form online though, so he has to put a number in. That helps though... keep 'em coming, ladies!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
        "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#4 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
        • VIP Member
        • 4,791 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 07:46 PM

~ Jaime & Martin ~
          "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

#5 NaM

NaM
          • 2,256 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 09:03 PM

Hi JamieLynn,

I worked at PBT about 2 years ago in college in NC. They pay isn't bad. I was a shift leader and made $10.50/hr plus commission. I think our assistant manager made about $18/hr plus commission and benefits. They do have a good insurance/dental program but it's expensive!! They take it out of your paycheck and it's about $400 a month if I remember correctly. Commission can be amazing there...upwards of $1000 a month if you're a good sales person. I'll try to get in touch with my old manager and get you more details. Hope this helps though!

#6 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
            • VIP Member
            • 4,791 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 01:27 PM

Thanks NaM! That would be great!!!

That sucks about them taking it out of your paycheck though! Darn Better than paying out of pocket though!!

This sounds like a great job for me because I am a sales person! haha, but I work in the art business and should probably stay and keep my job there

Do you know if they get to extend any sort of benefits (like free tanning) to their spouses? Just curious! :)

~ Jaime & Martin ~
              "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

#7 NaM

NaM
              • 2,256 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 02:03 PM

My manager hasn't gotten back to me but I'll forward you the info when I get it.
                Haha no free tanning....that they know of. It's easy to do though, my friends would come in all the time and you can just tan under his name.
                Threre are different insurance options you can get to make it cheaper, but they are all taken out of the pay check.

#8 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
                • VIP Member
                • 4,791 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 02:12 PM

Cool - thanks so much for the info!! :)

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                  "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

#9 litl_april

litl_april
                  • 351 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 02:24 PM

I wish I could be of assistance, but I was going to mention the "Negotiable" as well. So mainly just offering my support in hopes that Martin gets a job!

#10 Amarillis

Amarillis
                    • 1,913 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 02:26 PM

Jamie, have you checked out Workopolis.com they have 'expected salary grids' based on your area. -- ok... workopolis is a Canadian thing...

Thanks to google I found the following:

Salaries - CBsalary.com
                      CBsalary.com is a free salary calculator from CareerBuilder.com. Search and compare salaries for thousands of jobs.

Construction Manager
                      $76,695 = US National Average Salary

Assistant Construction Superintendent
                      $79,087 = US National Average Salary

Assistant Site Manager
                      $80,027 = US National Average Salary

Maybe this would help??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users