What do I do about Military uniforms?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#11 Jacilynda

• 2,777 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 08:02 PM

Thanks, I read another forum where the girl had 2 GM in military and she decided to have them wear their uniforms. I bring up points and think one way and then I think of something else and it pushes me the other way

#12 *Jen* OPPRN

*Jen* OPPRN
    • 56 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by itsfinallyhere
      I think it would look odd. I too am for the military and think there is nothing finer than when you see someone in full dress uniform (especially a man, my knees go weak, psst don't tell FI) but because not everyone will be in uniform I would ask that they refrain.
      I would have to agree - all or nothing - the wedding party will be all disjointed looking IMO - don't get me wrong I love to see uniforms (my FI is a police officer) - but I don't think if the rest of the wedding party is military that it would look right :)
      January 31st, 2011Marrying the Love of My Lifehttp://i83.photobuck....m/meandbob.jpg

#13 Jacilynda

• 2,777 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 11:03 PM

thanks girls for your help! We have decided to have them wear the same attire as the rest of the bridal party. But since we're bring our photogs w/ us we're doing a photo shoot w/ them in their blues.

If we were having the wedding at home, or if the bridal party was more formal we would definitely have them wear their blues. I do disagree w/ you girls on all of the party being in military uniforms. i've seen several weddings including our GM's (the brother who is a marine) where there are only a couple of them in their uniforms and I think it looks REALLY nice!

#14 Sapphire723

• 888 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 11:50 PM

Glad you found a solution that works for you!

I was going to say that it would depend on how much they wanted to wear their blues. From what I know of them, they would be miserably hot in the tropical climate, and I wouldn't want them to feel like they were going to pass out during the ceremony. But, if it was very sentimental to them, then I would be more than happy to accommodate. If they really didn't care, then I'd have them wear what everyone else was wearing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users