Cinco De Mayo Dish for the Cooking Challenged

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 SgtPepperette

• 1,225 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 04:06 PM

So I am going to a friends house for a Cinco De Mayo party on Tuesday. I am a pretty challenged cook. Seriously.

Any ideas for an easy dish for me to bring?

Ill be forever grateful!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 12,193 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 04:29 PM

Funny, I got an email the other day about Cinco De Mayo dishes, from the Foodnetwork.
      Here's a link to their page with Cinco De Mayo recipes:
      Recipes and Cooking : Holidays and Parties : Cinco De Mayo : Food Network

Maybe you can find one thats pretty easy. I've been dying to make the Chicken Enchiladas that they have pictured. Maybe I'll get to that next weekend!

I just started browsing thru the recipes. Do you like Shrimp Taco's?? This recipe is rated as "easy":

Not sure how you feel about Guacamole but the Chunky Guacamole recipe seems easy too:

Or, how about going really easy & making a drink?? Is that an option? Here's their Mango Margarita Recipe:

#3 starchild

• Moderators
      • 26,161 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 04:57 PM

Do you want an appetizer or a main dish?

#4 SgtPepperette

• 1,225 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 05:28 PM

Probably just an appetizer.

#5 mrsrhbtobe

• 387 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 08:20 PM

Here's an easy, yummy recipe for Cheesy Bean Dip that I poached from my future MIL:

1 can refried beans
            1 envelope enchilada seasoning
            1 block cream cheese
            1 8oz sour cream
            1 4oz chopped green chilis

Mix together and bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 min. Sprinkle with shredded cheese (she uses the Mexican mix) and chopped green onions.

I use all the low-fat (no fat free...doesn't take right to me in this recipe) ingredients where I can. This is an easy dip to make and it always completely gone by the end of the party. My co-workers call this my "Crack Dip" because they can't stay away from it. Just serve it with some tortilla chips and you're ready to go! Hope this helps:)
            Love is not about finding the right person, but creating a right relationship. It's not about how much love you have in the beginning but how much love you build till the end.

#6 june92012

• 151 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 07:46 AM

I love the title.  I definitely fit in the category of a challenged cooker, it could be an entirely new thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users