Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Cinco De Mayo Dish for the Cooking Challenged

Recommended Posts

So I am going to a friends house for a Cinco De Mayo party on Tuesday. I am a pretty challenged cook. Seriously.


Any ideas for an easy dish for me to bring?


Ill be forever grateful!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Funny, I got an email the other day about Cinco De Mayo dishes, from the Foodnetwork.

Here's a link to their page with Cinco De Mayo recipes:

Recipes and Cooking : Holidays and Parties : Cinco De Mayo : Food Network


Maybe you can find one thats pretty easy. I've been dying to make the Chicken Enchiladas that they have pictured. Maybe I'll get to that next weekend!


I just started browsing thru the recipes. Do you like Shrimp Taco's?? This recipe is rated as "easy":



Not sure how you feel about Guacamole but the Chunky Guacamole recipe seems easy too:



Or, how about going really easy & making a drink?? Is that an option? Here's their Mango Margarita Recipe:


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's an easy, yummy recipe for Cheesy Bean Dip that I poached from my future MIL:


1 can refried beans

1 envelope enchilada seasoning

1 block cream cheese

1 8oz sour cream

1 4oz chopped green chilis


Mix together and bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 min. Sprinkle with shredded cheese (she uses the Mexican mix) and chopped green onions.


I use all the low-fat (no fat free...doesn't take right to me in this recipe) ingredients where I can. This is an easy dip to make and it always completely gone by the end of the party. My co-workers call this my "Crack Dip" because they can't stay away from it. Just serve it with some tortilla chips and you're ready to go! Hope this helps:)

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors

    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Hello friends, We are pleased to announce the launch of our brand new website! After years of hard work and dedication, we are delighted to officially announce The Wedding Factory & Co I'd love it if you'd go take a look. Here's the link: https://theweddingfactoryandco.com/ https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=514815465723368&id=438996693305246&sfnsn=mo Also on Instagram @theweddingfactoryandco  I hope you find our website with a fresh look, easy to access and we also wish to establish this portal as a source of information for those who visit our site... Thank you  VERONICA MIRANDA   
    • You might consider underground studio Puerto Vallarta. They are a young coupe doing an excellent Job at affordable rates.
    • Thanks for answering Patty! We are having the legal proceedings done in December so february is the celebration. We will have pictures first then a ceremony with a religious discourse and then have the reception.  I'm guessing we will be 50 people, give or take. Half of them are Canadian. They will need accommodations but if we have the wedding ag a resort I dont want them to be forced into staying there if they dont want to. 
    • Hello Everyone! Thank you for sharing your experience about Tom Moks. We have read it very careful before we booked. But at the end of the day we were very happy with his service. I consider myself as a difficult customer but this time everything went just smooth. We had our wedding in Sayulita, close to Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco. He came on time, he stayed with us late night.  After all we had to wait like 3weeks to receive the pictures, but we LOVED them. He sent us more pictures that he promises in the contract, and in 85% they were perfect.  The other 15% we asked him to edit once more, and he did it, without hesitation. This is his official Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/tom_moks_photography/  Personally I would buy his service again, but the decision is always yours. E.    
    • Hello!  We are getting married at El Dorado Royale in August 2019.  We are trying to decide between La Salon Royale and Los Tucanes for the reception. I vastly prefer Tucanes but I’m worried everyone will be hot and miserable since I’ve been told it doesn’t have AC. Does anyone have experience with either location? If Tucanes, is there a way to get fans or cool it down? If La Salon, I’d love tips on how to decorate inexpensively so that it doesn’t look so “ballroom”-y. Thank you very much! 
  • Topics

  • Create New...