your opinion is needed =)

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 jerzshortstuff

• 303 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 01:48 AM

so i cant decide what resort to choose in punta cana...

we DEFINITELY want a beach ceremony... that's the most important thing to both of us!

we don't care if a place is adult only or kids welcomed. we are definitely looking for a place that isn't too expensive, ranging maybe around 2,000 for the hotel for a week stay.

any ideas/suggestions/opinions? thanks in advance!

#2 CrystalandTyler

• 18 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 01:58 AM

There are so many choices out there. It's super difficult to decide on what resort. FH and I have gone back and forth so many times on where to have it. Price would depend where you're flying from. I'm in Vancouver, BC and the ones that were our top choices were:

Dreams PC
      Majestic Colonial
      Gran Bahia Principe
      Melia tropical

We chose Gran Bahia because they would allow us to use a local photographer and would be a reasonable price for our guests(approx 2000 for one week). Everyone is going to tell you that the resort they're having their wedding is the best. It really depends on what you like the look of and what factors of it are important to you. Do you want a resort that is a party resort, has a lot of entertainment, has more of a private beach, etc.

#3 Tilly in the Sun

Tilly in the Sun
      • 450 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 07:38 AM

We are going through the same thing right now....I am just doing as much research as I can.
        Get a few travel books, visit the hotels website, read other brides/travelers reviews (I love doing this).
        Once you have it narrowed down to a few, email each one and ask for quotes. You could even go to a travel agent, and get them to help you.
        Do you have a certain date/time of day you are hoping for? DO you want a resort that is large, with many pools, restaurants, bars etc or would you prefer a smaller more intimate hotel. This site is amazing for information, and everyone is so helpful so I'm sure if you have questions/concerns they could be answered here. Good luck planning!! :-)

#4 hanna

• 223 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 10:14 AM

We just went to the Gran Bahia Principe in January for a vacation. We loved it. It is beautiful and the beach is incredible. The water in Dom Rep is absolutley breathtaking. The food was good and service was really nice. There is an adults only section (Ambar) at the resort which is a nice perk for anyone that wants something more mellow away from the kids in the pool. The resort is large, but trams take you around very frequently - although we always walked to burn some calories after eating and drinking all day. In Dom Rep you will notice a lot more international guests, lots from Canada. Although as people are rerouting from Mexico I am sure there will be a lot more guests from the US in the near future.

Our friends stayed at the Majestic a few weeks later. If it is the right one I am thinking of, it is just a few hotels down from Gran Bahia. They liked it-only gripe was they said it was hard to communicate with staff sometimes because of a language barrier. I think they also spent more, so between those two, I would choose Gran Bahia

#5 jerzshortstuff

• 303 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 03:57 PM

thanks for your help! i definitely want to go some where that my guests can be entertained without leaving the resort. everyone is from new jersey/pa... so we would probably fly out of Philadelphia. but airfare isn't so much a concern. i really like the idea of the jacuzzi's in the rooms. did you use your local travel agent or someone online?

#6 Jennifer Davis

Jennifer Davis
            • 582 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 07:45 PM

Excellence Punta Cana is a great resort! We chose to get married at Excellence Playa Mujeres because we had such a nice experience at Excellence Punta Cana!

#7 Nonnie

• 172 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 09:11 PM

I'm going to be booking with the Grand Palladium Bavaro. It's one of 3 resorts on the same property, so there is lots of stuff to explore. Other brides who married there gave great reviews. Also, it rated #6 out of 94 resorts in Punta Cana on tripadvisor

#8 JoLo908

• 889 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 09:20 PM

My TA told me Melia Caribe and Paradisus Palma Real are very nice in Punta Cana... I looked through the information for them and they both look really good. My chiropractor also tole me Melia Caribe is beautiful...

#9 jerzshortstuff

• 303 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 11:51 PM

thank you so much.. i will def look into those resorts!

#10 ACH2009

• 330 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 10:12 AM

We are getting married at Dreams Punta Cana. The prices for the wedding packages are very reasonable and it's been affordable for all of our guests. If you have any questions let me know!
                      Our Pro Pic slideshow by Tammy B Photography

Our Pro Pic slideshow by Melissa Green Photographyhttp://www.melissagr....php#/featured/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users