trio or mariachi band?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 olisa6

• 125 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 10:44 PM

For the ceremony and cocktail hour I want either a trio or a mariachi band. Not really sure what the difference is. My friend says that the mariachi bands are the guys that serenade you. If this is the case, then I don't want that. Either way, I'd like to know who used a trio or mariachi band and the price of them and what company. Also did you like them? Any experiences would be helpful.

#2 JaimeLynne

• VIP Member
    • 4,791 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 10:48 PM

Someone on here recently posted about this (Sorry, I'm still fairly new and bad with names - Sarah I think?). She recommended the Mariachi band. Apparently she hired the trio but got the band by coincidence. Lucky for her! Anyways, I'm sure she'll pop in here and give you a more detailed answer.

~ Jaime & Martin ~
      "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#3 TammyB

• 10,630 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 08:24 AM

Yes Jamie is was Sarah, And if you watch the video she posted you can hear them play. It is very pretty. I hired the trio, however I've never heard them play, but I'll write a review on them when I return from Cabo..

#4 Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 6,996 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 12:21 PM

I've heard a trio and a band, and if you have a bigger group I'd definitely go for the band. I hired a trio, but got lucky and got a band instead! The band qas a really impressive sound- they play romantic music or party music, whatever you want. My video clip has some mariachi music in the background, so you kinda get the idea of what they sound like...

Here's my video thread: http://bestdestinati...com/forum/t5263
          Here's my review: http://bestdestinati...com/forum/t5298

#5 A10CalGal

• VIP Member
          • 11,403 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 12:26 PM

I used what was called a mariachi trio. My coordinator arranged for them, so I don't know the name of the group. They were $320/hour. They were perfect for our small group - they played for our ceremony & cocktail hour. I thought they were great, as did my guests.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users