Photo

A "Probable" case of Swine Flu in my city!!!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 August2010Bride

August2010Bride
  • 369 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 05:53 PM

How crazy is it that there is a probable case of swine flu in Lexington, KY?!?

To top it off my FI and I both work in hospitals (he has patient contact) I'm so sick of this thing! I've been washing my hands like crazy. It's so hard no to over-react when it is in your actual town... CRAZY!!!

#2 ebredhawk

ebredhawk
    • 949 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 05:56 PM

oh no, that is so freaky when it hits so close to home!! make sure you and your FI take care of yourselves! hopefully we'll actually find out soon how big of a thing this is going to turn into so everyone can get back to normal!

#3 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 12,151 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 06:15 PM

it's probably nothing ... seems like everyone with a cold lately is "suspected swine flu" ... there have been suspected cases in philadelphia too but none confirmed as far as i know.

working in hospitals, i'm sure it's hard not to be extra concerned, but in your line of work you are already well-schooled in how to avoid contagions.

keep your immune system strong, take precautions, and i'm sure you'll stay healthy!

#4 BillysBride

BillysBride
        • 1,255 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 06:51 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by mummergirl
          it's probably nothing ... seems like everyone with a cold lately is "suspected swine flu" ... there have been suspected cases in philadelphia too but none confirmed as far as i know.

working in hospitals, i'm sure it's hard not to be extra concerned, but in your line of work you are already well-schooled in how to avoid contagions.

keep your immune system strong, take precautions, and i'm sure you'll stay healthy!
          And please remember....it's dangerous to be sure; but it's the flu. You guys are adults with presumably healthy immune systems. There is no reason to panic...it's the flu! A bad ass version, but still flu.
          Savannah

http://i17.photobuck....inecollage.jpgThe Fab Four (my quads) Meryn, Kellen, Nico & Layla
          http://global.thekno...rs/tt265ad.aspxhttp://www.mywedding...nnah/index.html20 STD's w. pre-lim RSVP sent 6/15/09: 7 "Yes" so far/10 guests total!

#5 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
          • 2,777 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 07:30 PM

We have several "probable" cases up here too and Lexington is much bigger than we are! Like Savannah said its a bad ass flu. I think the only people who really need to worry are people who have really weak immune systems, children and the elderly. Unfortunately as the CDC has already said its probably going to spread through the US and there are alot of girls on the forum who have confirmed cases in their towns/cities

#6 Dmitri_Markine

Dmitri_Markine
            • Vendor
            • 2,782 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 11:34 AM

Well, childred and even pigs are all recovering from the flu. Nobody died from it yet in North America. So I suspect all who did die in Mexico were in really bad health conditions and had no access to medical facilities.
              PS. We had a farmer in Canada who infect a few thousand of his pigs...all of them recovered :)

#7 stefnicole

stefnicole
              • 544 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 08:15 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Dmitri_Markine
                Well, childred and even pigs are all recovering from the flu. Nobody died from it yet in North America. So I suspect all who did die in Mexico were in really bad health conditions and had no access to medical facilities.
                PS. We had a farmer in Canada who infect a few thousand of his pigs...all of them recovered :)
                An American resident died. But the article states she had other chronic health conditions.

FOXNews.com - Texas Officials: First U.S. Resident Dies From Swine Flu - Infectious Disease

#8 Vikki

Vikki
                • 807 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 08:31 PM

We have one also in a suburb of Boise-and get this: it's an 8 month old baby....apparently her local tests showed it and the CDC tests are now in progress. I'm tired of H1N1-I'd rather watch the economy tank, at least that was interesting.

#9 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
                  • 2,777 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 08:35 PM

There was also that death of the mexican kid in Texas.

Vikki there is a confirmed case up in Coeur D' Alene, a 60 yr old lady who just returned from Texas

#10 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 24,768 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 10:35 PM

here is a map showing where it's been detected/suspected ... FluTracker . Supposedly there's a case at teh school that's just a couple blocks from me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users