• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#21 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
  • VIP Member
  • 2,347 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 08:45 AM

I'm reviving this one again too----

If you're recently married and feel comfortable posting this- please share what you wound up with for actual wedding expenses. Adding another idea too--- how much were you over/under from your original budget?

#22 cessyboston

cessyboston
    • VIP Member
    • 2,096 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 09:00 AM

this is so helpful thank you...............
      Married oct 10th 2008 ~ proud parents to Miss Sophia Emma feb 2, 2010

#23 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 24,768 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 09:39 AM

i should really post mine - i was thinking about this this weekend. i think i am just afraid to review it! i will though, and post - i know it's helpful. but i think when i include everything (dress, rings, honeymoon, etc.) it came close to $30K (i want to cry)

#24 twinkletoes

twinkletoes
        • 2,302 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 03:53 PM

Thanks. This post is helping me be more realistic throughout my planning process. Can't wait to see more budgets!
          2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

#25 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 24,768 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 04:11 PM

Ok, I am officially depressed. After adding in everything I can think of, it comes to about $40K. Ouch. But this includes almost everything -including the rings, dress, travel for us and my mom, and my mom and dad's stay at Dreams, our honeymoon, WD dress, etc. I am sharing this because I hope it helps - but it's rather painful! I also hesitate to call it a budget since we never set one. But I did try to keep track of what we were spending. Maybe I shouldn't have!

Attached Files

#26 FutureMrsK

FutureMrsK
            • 31 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 08:40 PM

I was reading through this thread and noticed that many of the budgets are a lot more than I was hoping to spend. Are there any brides out there that were able to have a beautiful wedding for under $10k??

#27 LadyP

LadyP
              • 3,156 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 09:15 PM

That is my goal. I am hoping to be a St Thomas bride. I found a wonderful package and with all of the ideas that Ihave seen here should be able to cut major corners.

#28 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
                • VIP Member
                • 11,403 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 09:19 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by FutureMrsK
                  I was reading through this thread and noticed that many of the budgets are a lot more than I was hoping to spend. Are there any brides out there that were able to have a beautiful wedding for under $10k??
                  You totally can! I'll only speak for myself, but we did several extras like the welcome dinner, the ladies spa day & A LOT of open bar time. Also, most of us have included the rings & our wedding dresses in the budget...you don't necessarily have to count that for your wedding day budget, right?

OK, I just re-looked at my budget & pulled out the welcome dinner & transportation, paying for all the ladies to get mani/pedis, my mom & moh's makeup & my dress - and it brought my actual down to just over $10K. So, YES! You can do it!

#29 FutureMrsK

FutureMrsK
                  • 31 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 10:18 PM

Thanks, I was starting to get worried that maybe I was being unrealistic with the budget, but it can be done..GREAT!

#30 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 24,768 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 10:20 PM

i had included EVERYTHING in my budget, even the dresses I bought for the welcome dinner, my travel, rings, etc. ... so be sure to look at the detail before getting to freaked out! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users