#11 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
  • VIP Member
  • 4,791 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 09:48 PM

Great idea, this is very helpful!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
    "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#12 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
    • 5,248 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 03:54 PM

Why do I feel like everyone else's photog expense is so much cheaper than mine? I know I signed Juan up for a trillion hours but even his very basic package was $3,000. I know his prices went up but you got a good deal Sarah for trash the dress and engagement photos. Christa your photog budget was great too.

#13 tvt

tvt
      • VIP Member
      • 4,812 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 04:02 PM

I was thinking the same thing! My photog expense is one of the highest things!

#14 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
        • VIP Member
        • 11,403 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 04:13 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Nrvsbride
          Why do I feel like everyone else's photog expense is so much cheaper than mine? I know I signed Juan up for a trillion hours but even his very basic package was $3,000. I know his prices went up but you got a good deal Sarah for trash the dress and engagement photos. Christa your photog budget was great too.
          Glenda - I don't remember if it's noted, but I only had Bradley for 4 hours.

#15 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
          • VIP Member
          • 2,347 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 08:16 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Nrvsbride
            it is no longer $20 per person at Dreams it is now $24 I believe for 2008.
            Are you talking about the pp cost for their dinner plate, or something else? The Dreams Tullum and Cancun pricing that I've seen has the dinner at $45-55 pp.... I'd consider doing everything in Cabo if their pricing is that much cheaper! :)

#16 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 24,768 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 09:43 PM

i think the Dreams PV is like $22 pp for a seated private event dinner - but it just went up to like $26 or something. it's under $30 anyway. that's for the people staying there though - it's more for those staying offsite, and it's also more for a buffet.

#17 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
              • VIP Member
              • 2,347 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 11:10 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by akh
                i think the Dreams PV is like $22 pp for a seated private event dinner - but it just went up to like $26 or something. it's under $30 anyway. that's for the people staying there though - it's more for those staying offsite, and it's also more for a buffet.
                our first wedding date was Dec. 1, 2007 and PV was one of the locations we were considering. I emailed Marilu and she told me $45/pp for each extra person who wasn't included in the base package we purchased.

Someone's getting a hell of a deal if they're getting it for less than $45 and if we decide on Dreams, I might need some advice on how to negotiate that price!!! :)

#18 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 24,768 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 11:24 PM

this is just for a dinner - i am not having my wedding there, only my WD. and $45 does sound right (i think?) if you have a buffet, which is one reason we chose a seated dinner.

#19 jpkw

jpkw
                  • VIP Member
                  • 1,650 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 12:56 PM

Attached is my budget - some of the items are estimated costs, I might have guessed high on some of them, but I am also missing a few things that we plan to buy in Cabo (snacks for OOT & containers for sand ceremony).

hope this helps!

#20 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
                    • 5,248 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 04:06 PM

Maria was the $45 for surf and turf or for just a regular meal? That seems pricey? Maybe was she including the fee for the ceremony per person + the fee for the dinner? B/c that would seem to make more sense. I don't know. I know in Cabo it's $24 (I think that's what the price is up to now) for the ceremony set up fee and $24 for the reception set up fee. But if you want surf and turf it's $44 (again I think) but that includes dessert. You can usually talk them down to less if you don't want to include the dessert and just want a cake or something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users