Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Bing & Win Win

Bing & Win Win
  • 83 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 11:01 AM

Hi everyone!

Just wondering if anyone out there has the wedding package info for this resort. I've sent 5 emails requesting it and my travel agent has sent 2.

I'm about to lose my mind. I need the wedding info before I can book my trip...and the rate I was quoted is only good until Tuesday. I know they are probably busy with weddings right now, but it would only take them a minute to email the info. Should I take this as a bad sign??!! So frustrating.

We are doing the Renewal of Vows ceremony - so if anyone has the info on this...I'd be forever greatful if you sent it to me!!

Thanks!

#2 natashakc

natashakc
    • 77 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 12:23 PM

Hi there!
      I am getting married at this resort November 2009. I have been dealing with the wedding coordinator Gildania and her assistant Leslie.

Here is their contact information:

Gildania Pilarte
      weddings coordinator Hotel Gran Bah­a Pr­ncipe-Punta Cana
      Email:weddingscoordinatorbppuj@bahia-principe.com

Tel: 809 552 1444 ·Ext:13013 Fax: 809 468 4780
      Carretera Arena Gorda Macao
      Bavaro Higuey · Provincia La Altagracias Rep. Dom.

I know they do the renewal of vows option and I think it's around $600US. The standard wedding apckage that covers 10 people is $1500US.
      I think their package prices are pretty standard.
      Natasha & JoeGran Bahia Principe Bavaro, Punta CanaNovember 16th, 2009http://img.weddingco...vo5osqfalgz.png

#3 natashakc

natashakc
      • 77 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 04:27 PM

Bing & Win Win:

Check out this review by Noob. It includes the package details and prices.

http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t41427
        Natasha & JoeGran Bahia Principe Bavaro, Punta CanaNovember 16th, 2009http://img.weddingco...vo5osqfalgz.png

#4 Bing & Win Win

Bing & Win Win
        • 83 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 11:57 AM

Thanks for the information!!! I've officially booked the trip. We have 16 confirmed guests! So excited! However I still can't seem to get a response from the wedding coordinator about booking the wedding. She emailed me some information and seems to be ignoring me....maybe she's just really busy?? Anyone else having these problems?

#5 Bing & Win Win

Bing & Win Win
          • 83 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 12:16 PM

Hey NatashaKC thanks for passing on the review to me! It was very informative!

You'll have to send me your review when you get back from your wedding - I'd love to hear your thoughts as well!

#6 natashakc

natashakc
            • 77 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 12:34 PM

No problem:)
              I also have a hard time getting a reply from the co-ordinator at GBP. I heard Gildania is no longer there but I was in contact with her replacement. I recently submitted my completed wedding questionnaire but haven't heard anything back yet. t drives me a little crazy when I don't get ANY response to my questions:)

#7 trance_angelx0x

trance_angelx0x
              • 198 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 03:25 PM

I went to the GBP 2 years ago for a wedding, if anyone has questions or wants an opinion, let me know.

#8 CrystalandTyler

CrystalandTyler
                • 18 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 05:30 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by natashakc
                  No problem:)
                  I also have a hard time getting a reply from the co-ordinator at GBP. I heard Gildania is no longer there but I was in contact with her replacement. I recently submitted my completed wedding questionnaire but haven't heard anything back yet. t drives me a little crazy when I don't get ANY response to my questions:)
                  That sucks that everyone is having such a hard time with them. I've been talking to Cynthia and usually get a reply the next day. Sometimes even within a few mins.

#9 Bing & Win Win

Bing & Win Win
                  • 83 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 08:23 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by CrystalandTyler
                    That sucks that everyone is having such a hard time with them. I've been talking to Cynthia and usually get a reply the next day. Sometimes even within a few mins.

Okay - I am no longer having problems (knock on wood). Cinthya started replying to all of my emails and answering all of my questions. I love her. She's so patient, and REALLY helpful!! I'm starting to get very excited!

#10 natashakc

natashakc
                    • 77 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 03:59 PM

I am also having amazing luck with Cinthya now. Every e-mail I send, she gets right back to me! This is hard to get used to:)

Plus, I am so excited that the wedding packages have changed from last year. They are way better! My Sunshine package that used to be $1500 USD for 10 people and $85 USD for each additional is now $1350 USD for 24 people and $35 USD for additional.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users