Photo

Ottawa citizen article re: canceled Mexican wedding

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#11 nicole.gia

nicole.gia
  • 318 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 11:13 PM

Everthing is just so sad and frustrating. I can't imagine being in the shoes of the many brides who have had to cancel their dream weddings. My heart goes out to every single one of them.

#12 Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez

Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez
    • 1,326 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 11:57 AM

Yeah. Very insensitive article.

#13 Heather Huggins

Heather Huggins
      • 6 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 08:05 PM

Hello all you lovely brides,
        I just wanted to say thank you for your support it literally lifted my spirits so much. The article that was written about my fiancee and I was in hopes that others would see that they weren't alone. We figured there must be a ton of other couples, families and friends in the same predicament and maybe people could help eachother. As it turns out there are more cynics out there than I thought. However, a wedding must go on right?
        Jamie and I received an offer from a local golf and country club who wanted to help us out and throw our wedding, since some of our friends including some of our bridal parties had to use their vacations, and the fact that we didn't book our wedding through the resort so we couldn't just go somewhere else, we decided it was a great idea. We are looking at a May 20th wedding date and we are so excited!
        Sometimes even when the cards aren't in your favour, things turn out the way they were meant to be.

#14 itsfinallyhere

itsfinallyhere
        • 573 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 08:17 PM

Like everyone I feel for the couple. How horrible. But I do have a suggestion for them if they are reading these. I would contact TICO, after what happened with conquest they may be able to help with refunds. They insure the TAs, and since this was in no way your fault! Or does it fall under one of those stupid titles of "Act of God" kinda like a hurricane? I hope everything works out for them. Good Luck

#15 jetsbride

jetsbride
          • 794 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 08:26 PM

That's so sad!!! It seems like everything is going crazy, first the economy now this damn swine flu...

#16 DRB

DRB
            • 647 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 08:52 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Heather Huggins
              I just wanted to say thank you for your support it literally lifted my spirits so much. The article that was written about my fiancee and I was in hopes that others would see that they weren't alone. We figured there must be a ton of other couples, families and friends in the same predicament and maybe people could help eachother. As it turns out there are more cynics out there than I thought. However, a wedding must go on right?
              Jamie and I received an offer from a local golf and country club who wanted to help us out and throw our wedding, since some of our friends including some of our bridal parties had to use their vacations, and the fact that we didn't book our wedding through the resort so we couldn't just go somewhere else, we decided it was a great idea. We are looking at a May 20th wedding date and we are so excited!
              Sometimes even when the cards aren't in your favour, things turn out the way they were meant to be.
              That's great Heather! What country club is it? I'd love to know so that I can spread the word about what a great thing they're doing!

I just read the article and the comments on it and I'm completely blown away at how awful people can be. I am ashamed that some of these call Ottawa home! I always thought that people were more compassionate than that!

Even though you won't have your Mexican wedding I'm sure that you'll have an amazing, wonderful day!

#17 Jess

Jess
              • 4,455 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 11:42 PM

Heather - I love your positive attitude!!! I can't believe some of the ridiculous comments people left for you, those people seriously have issues.

I know you will have an amazing celebration at that country club - they are doing an awesome thing for you guys

#18 Virg

Virg
                • 684 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 12:13 AM

Congratulations Heather!! I am so happy that a venue stepped up to the plate and helped you out!! I just know you will have a perfect day !
                  Happily Ever After: June 1, 2006
                  Made it legal : June 30, 2009

http://i37.photobuck....h_IMG_8136.jpg

#19 SunBride

SunBride
                  • 1,499 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 12:18 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Heather Huggins
                    Well now I'm really happy I posted this!

I'm also curious to know which golf course was generous enough to offer to host your wedding for free. That's really amazing.

#20 beach2009

beach2009
                    • 299 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 07:43 PM

Hey Heather, glad that things are working out for your at home wedding. Hopefully you can still have a honeymoon or anniversary at your Mexican resort. Best of luck with the wedding planning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users