• 1,499 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 10:48 AM

Just saw this article and I'm wondering if it's one of our brides from BDW

Flu spoils wedding getaway

#2 Amarillis

Amarillis
    • 1,913 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 10:55 AM

Great post Sunbride! this very closely echos the news I`d heard on CanadaAM yesterday - Damn Sunwing.

#3 Billisa

Billisa
      • 76 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 10:59 AM

Sad - and also sad that there are nasty comments underneath from nasty people, saying they should be "supporting the local economy" etc. instead of spending all their money outside of the area. People suck. My heart goes out to Jaime and Heather.

#4 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
        • 5,649 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 11:24 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Billisa
          Sad - and also sad that there are nasty comments underneath from nasty people, saying they should be "supporting the local economy" etc. instead of spending all their money outside of the area. People suck. My heart goes out to Jaime and Heather.
          People said they should "stay to support the local economy"? That is beyond rude. Apparently people forget that a dream wedding means a lot of different things to different people. Just because the global economy is in the crapper doesn't mean that brides should give up their dream day just to support their home country. Some people need to get a grip. Unbelievable!

#5 tylersgirl

tylersgirl
          • 1,681 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 05:30 PM

That's a sad story I feel so bad for them. They should give those poor college kids their money back!

#6 ~*DiAnE*~

~*DiAnE*~
            • 1,418 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 05:43 PM

Aww that's soo sad!! I would be soooo upset too!!

#7 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 12,151 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 05:52 PM

the comments on the article are hideous. people have got some nerve! comments like:
                "suck it up, buttercup"
                "their bad, they should have had trip insurance"
                "at least you have your health, unlike those poor people in mexico"
                "shame on you for spending beyond your means"
                "you're just bent on staying at a 5-star resort when you've been given other options"

just go somewhere else, just go to the justice of the peace, who cares, get married later, blah blah blah!

?!?!?!?! wtf?!?!!?!

no one said they spent beyond their means ... they just didn't want to be robbed of their money and denied refunds! if i was a millionaire, i'd still be pissed off about my wedding getting canceled and/or losing out on several thousand dollars of MY money! is it so hard to see that? not to mention the year or more of planning. i am so pissed at the comments!!!!!! this is their WEDDING and a huge FAMILY TRIP not just some rich brat's spring break! and even if it *was*, that rich spoiled brat would still have the right to be upset about losing money! UGH!!!!!

#8 BBtoB

BBtoB
                • 399 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 06:55 PM

It is really sad to read how cynical and mean people can be. Those comments are unbelievable! Wow! Who is selfish? Ssessh...I wish they would just try to imagine if they were in that same situation before casting those nasty harsh words.

#9 marise

marise
                  • 179 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 09:22 PM

OMG My blood boiled while reading the negative comments about this article.

"Lets see how long this indulgent marriage last" !!!

How dare someone practically wish a bad marriage on someone because they have a different vision of how they want their wedding day to be.
                    And this couple got so much criticism about spending $13,000 on a wedding. Obviously these people saying these comments have not planned a wedding since the 1950's!!

I have to go outside and get some air...

#10 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
                    • Moderators
                    • 25,218 posts
                    • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
                    • LocationSeattle

Posted 01 May 2009 - 09:27 PM

i was going to read the article but read out posts first, changed my mind about the article after hearing about the mean comments! i dont think i would be able to hold back a nasty reply to all those rude losers. how dare they come down on that poor couple?

im always amazed when reading comments after on-line articles. people can be so crazy rude, without even thinking!

so anyways, if it was one of our beautiful BDW couples, my heart goes out to you, for your cancelled wedding plans AND for all the horrible people out there who just dont understand. F them!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users