Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Recommended Posts

My wedding is still 6 weeks out but I am trying to think of possible Plan B's. Question for those who have adjusted their plans, switched locations, or canceled, we booked with applevacations and funjet, are there ways to do this without losing money?

 

I know these sites are offering things to those traveling up to May 6, did these offerings allow you to change everything? or just flights?

 

I am sending good wedding vibes to ALL!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not cancelling, wedding is June 29th, leaving June 20th for Tulum and getting excited!!!! All our guests are supportive and no one has decided to cancel so we're lucky... To all those who decide to cancel or switch, good luck, I wish you all the best :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been thinking of plan B alsohuh.gif TA states unless there is a ban placed for travel to mexico apple will charge change fee. Also, we have guests from other areas going on scheduled air and will lose money. Sol will not refund money unless again ban forces canceling. So, I will have to wait until last minute but would like to have plan set up at diff resort. My TA suggests if that happens maybe look at iberostar in jamaica or punta cana, feels it will be easier if we stay with same chain. But all our planning goes to hell!! this sucks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

plan B seems like it's just not in the cards for us. it's looking like we are going to have to proceed as planned no matter who cancels on us.

 

we are mostly on USairways and they will now waive the change fee up thru may 31. however, the resort is only offering postponement or switch to one of their dominican resorts for travel up to may 16. since that is still a week prior to when we leave for our trip, we are kinda stuck in limbo. in the meantime i have contacted the WCs at all 3 dreams resorts in dominican republic, and 1 doesn't have a wedding date available that week, 1 can accommodate us but not for a legal ceremony (which is the whole point), and the other hasn't said either way. our TA says it will be near impossible to get us all flights and rooms for that week anyway. and, it looks like the flights to punta cana cost hundreds more than our flights to cancun?

 

oh, and our photographer won't refund our deposit unless there are border closures/canceled flights forcing us to cancel. while that's perfectly reasonable (they are running a business after all), it still sucks. not to mention we'd be back to square one looking for a photographer, and they'd have to be amazingly cheap since we'd have $500 less to work with.

 

so far, we plan on going forward with plan A, mostly because we don't have a choice that doesn't lose people a lot of cash. best of luck to all of you who need to find and implement a plan B!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My wedding is not until August, but I am going down in a few weeks with some of my family to plan. Looks like this flu is not as bad as they thought. It just sucks that it scares all of your guests. Good luck with everything! It will all work out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×