Photo

Calling all *Curvacious* women!!

• Please log in to reply
1026 replies to this topic

#881 hockeymom97

hockeymom97
  • 2,458 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 04:35 PM

What happened to this thread?? It was one of my favorites, but everyone disappeared or is just lurking, lol. Anyone still around?

So right now I have a gym membership at our park district, and while it's almost brand new, and very nice...it's also very basic. A few treadmills, a few elliptical machines, a few stationary bikes, a step machine and then a bunch of weight machines and free weights. I was good at going for about 3 months and then I just kind of lost my motivation. I think I need to do something different to switch it up and keep it fun/interesting ya know? So today I stopped at a bigger gym, that has everything...a pool, tons of classes, lots of cardio machines, weights, a spa...everything. But the issue is that this gym is $80 a month, where as my current membership is like $20. So I'm trying to decide if it's worth switching. It's a huge price jump, but if all the different classes can keep me motivated to lose weight, then it'd be worth it right?

What are you ladies doing this summer to try and get/stay in shape?
    Heather & Eric ~ May 5th, 2011 ~ Beaches Turks & Caicos

#882 tsgnatko

tsgnatko
    • 164 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 04:44 PM

Just spent the weekend at the lake and heard more about how good the girls with curves looked than the skinny ones

#883 hockeymom97

hockeymom97
      • 2,458 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 04:46 PM

oh yea, I definitely don't want to lose my curves...but do need to lose some of the fat that's covering my curves right now, lol!

#884 FutureMrsLewis

FutureMrsLewis
        • 583 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:02 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by hockeymom97
          oh yea, I definitely don't want to lose my curves...but do need to lose some of the fat that's covering my curves right now, lol!
          I hear ya on that one! lol

#885 MysTea

MysTea
          • 559 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 11:06 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by FutureMrsLewis
            Giggle Giggle* u guys are silly...
            **Dreams Palm Beach HERE WE COME!!! 11.01.2010**

#886 bsf&jpg

bsf&jpg
            • 222 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 04:32 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by FutureMrsLewis
              ha! me three.

and.... I've been eating HORRIBLY so I've gained like 5 pounds... eep.
              Time to hit my bff's Mr. elliptical and mrs. tready

#887 hockeymom97

hockeymom97
              • 2,458 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 04:57 PM

I love the elliptical but can't do the treadmill...I'm just not a runner. I get shin splints I know this may sound lame and something that only old ladies do, but I really want to try aqua aerobics.

#888 Mischaka

Mischaka
                • 969 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 05:18 PM

I love my curves too...I just want to tone up a bit. I just want to get down to 175. And i'll be content again.

I've been hoping that since it's the summer I can walk and sweat and lose weight...but it seems to be the opposite. With cookouts and birthdays and get togethers I seem to be gaining weight. smh

#889 jenninjamaica

jenninjamaica
                  • 547 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:03 PM

Hey girls! Like most of you I could stand to lose a few pounds, but not enough to stop eating the good stuff! LOL Just curious if anyone else has a FI/husband that loves how curvy you are and doesn't want you to lose weight. I tend to lose weight in my hubby's 2 fave areas (butt & boobs!) and he totally notices!
                    *~*JENN*~*

#890 dcairns

dcairns
                    • 347 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:20 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by jenninjamaica
                      Hey girls! Like most of you I could stand to lose a few pounds, but not enough to stop eating the good stuff! LOL Just curious if anyone else has a FI/husband that loves how curvy you are and doesn't want you to lose weight. I tend to lose weight in my hubby's 2 fave areas (butt & boobs!) and he totally notices!
                      My Fi loves my curves,and when i lose he notices as well. its all good, as long as you are healthy and happy in your skin. Found a beautiful dress in my size at David's Bridal in VT. I felt stunning even though i'm not a size5:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users