• Please log in to reply
1026 replies to this topic

#621 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 8,569 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 07:57 PM

Lisa--- when did you change your username?? I just noticed!

#622 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
    • 2,287 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 08:55 AM

Erika - that's SO AWESOME on the weight loss!! congrats girl!!!! I think I changed my name last week, I was tired of the one I had and it was boring! lol

Oh and thanks for all the lingerie tips, I have some serious shopping to do soon, yikes!

#623 ~Stephanie~

~Stephanie~
      • 3,347 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 11:58 AM

Erika- That is so awesome hun! Congrats! You are going to look so amazing for your wedding! You just look so gorgeous in the recent pics I've seen! I can't wait to see your wedding pics!
        ~Stephanie

Our wedding websitewww.mywedding.com/stephanieandmichaelbailey

#624 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 12,151 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 07:49 PM

yay erika on the weight loss! truly amazing, and you will be gorge on your big day!

apparently, all the cool lisas are changing their usernames. hehe

--lisa, aka mummergirl, aka cougs

#625 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
          • 2,287 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 07:21 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by cougs
            yay erika on the weight loss! truly amazing, and you will be gorge on your big day!

apparently, all the cool lisas are changing their usernames. hehe

--lisa, aka mummergirl, aka cougs

lol at least your names are inventive, mine's just boring lisa

#626 classadiva

classadiva
            • 685 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 07:22 PM

Is/did anyone here choose a mermaid or trumphet shaped gown? I just saw a repeat of Say Yes to the Dress yesterday from last year where a curvy bride fell in love with an purchased a Lazaro trumphet shaped dress that Randy thought was a mistake.

First of all...if anyone knows where I can find that dress...or a good copy....please let me know. I liked the way she looked in it. Second....has anyone here chosen a mermaid/trumphet shaped gown to wear? I know that many think it is risky on a larger bride.

Personally...I want to be sexy and shapely....I thought that a trumphet gown might be a good compromise. Thanks.

#627 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 12,151 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 07:35 PM

bottom line: i think if you try one on and feel beautiful in it, then no one else's opinion (not even the experts') matters.

i LOVE trumpet style above all others, but with my personal body shape (very bottom heavy) i would have felt self-conscious and fat, not curvy and sexy. so despite loving the style, for me it was out. "curvy" means different things for all of us tho. if your weight is more evenly distributed, or if curvy just means big-busted for you, then go for it!

and i say try on at least one in that style regardless of what anyone says! i was pleasantly surprised at how i looked in some things that even *i* hated on the hanger or thought would be disasterous on me. good luck!

#628 classadiva

classadiva
                • 685 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 09:17 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by cougs
                  bottom line: i think if you try one on and feel beautiful in it, then no one else's opinion (not even the experts') matters.

i LOVE trumpet style above all others, but with my personal body shape (very bottom heavy) i would have felt self-conscious and fat, not curvy and sexy. so despite loving the style, for me it was out. "curvy" means different things for all of us tho. if your weight is more evenly distributed, or if curvy just means big-busted for you, then go for it!

and i say try on at least one in that style regardless of what anyone says! i was pleasantly surprised at how i looked in some things that even *i* hated on the hanger or thought would be disasterous on me. good luck!
                  Thank you for the advice. I am more top heavy than anything...but have a bit of a stomach. I guess I will have to see how the style actually looks on me. I love the style though.

BTW...you were a beautiful bride!!!

#629 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
                  • 2,287 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 10:35 AM

classadiva - I completely agree with Lisa (cougs). Wear whatever makes you feel beautiful! I saw the episode of Say Yes to the Dress also and I thought "good for you girl!!". She got what she wanted and felt fabulous in her dress! That's what we all should feel like!

#630 classadiva

classadiva
                    • 685 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 09:36 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by ~*Lisa*~
                      classadiva - I completely agree with Lisa (cougs). Wear whatever makes you feel beautiful! I saw the episode of Say Yes to the Dress also and I thought "good for you girl!!". She got what she wanted and felt fabulous in her dress! That's what we all should feel like!
                      Lisa...I love Randy....but I think he was wrong on this one....she felt amazing in that dress...she just lit up. I hope that the dress I find makes me feel that way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users