Calling all *Curvacious* women!!

• Please log in to reply
1026 replies to this topic

#51 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
  • 2,287 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 09:14 PM

So - next question...

what are you ladies doing about lingerie? where are you purchasing it? are you wearing any under the dress? I think I will be WAY too hot for that, so I'm sorta looking for a cute pair of undies. Anyone find anything cute?

#52 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 12,151 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 03:33 AM

i leave for mexico in a week and still need undies/lingerie!!!

but, the two bathing suits i ordered from newport news arrived earlier this week and they're great! one is the swimdress mentioned earlier in this thread (it's a great suit!), and the other is a black bandeau suit with a white bow (i bought black swim shorts from walmart to wear over it).

#53 AnnaBanana

AnnaBanana
      • 376 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 04:53 AM

Oooh, I'm liking this thread.
        Do you have access to Target in Canada? I know they sometimes have some good stuff. I buy all of my swim suits from Target and have never had an issue. However, their sizing seems to be a little on the small size, so I usually go up one. I, too, am a 22/24 and I freaking hate to shop. All three of my BMs put together weigh about the same as one of my thighs.

David's Bridal offers plus size wedding dresses and bridesmaid dresses and they are pretty cheap. I think they offer a catalog for those outside of the US.

#54 JoLo908

JoLo908
        • 889 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 09:51 AM

I got my suits from Newport News!! They are literally like the only bathing suits that will support my big boobs... You can find plus size suits in a lot of places, but not ones that give good support...

#55 JoLo908

JoLo908
          • 889 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 09:54 AM

Oh, and I have the bandeau swimdress from Newport News... I loveee it... I just bought another one... it even holds up the girls when the nexk thing isn't tied... I need to see if I have a pic of me in it from Mexico...

#56 marryinghimagain

marryinghimagain
            • 479 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 03:35 PM

Thanks ladies! Another plus size gal here. This is such a great thread. I am on the hunt for swimsuits right now also. Thanks for all the links and suggestions.

#57 da.shmoopies

da.shmoopies
              • 223 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 12:09 PM

I'm glad the Newport News bathing suits are working out. I'm seriously thinking of purchase the swimdress myself now! Unless it's all sold out, since I let the cat out of the bag.

I purchase undies from Lane Bryant. They have an online website, but I'm not sure if they ship to Canada. They have the functional underwear, but lately, they have been coming up with more sexy stuff for the women... best time to shop with them for the sexy stuff is around Valentine's Day though! They can be a bit pricey! But I don't like to skimp on the undies.

Plus size intimates and lingerie, plus size bras and panties, plus size shapewear from Lane Bryant - Cacique

Now if you want the SUPER SEXY stuff, this is the place!

Plus Size Lingerie Corsets Bras Full Figure Apparel Lingerie Plus Sizes - Hips & Curves

They have tons of corsets and ruffled panties and such.

Deb

#58 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
                • Moderators
                • 25,218 posts
                • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
                • LocationSeattle

Posted 17 May 2009 - 12:57 PM

deb! shoot where was that website when I was shopping for my bd pics!?!? that's awesome! I might have to get some cute stuff and set it aside for??

#59 Royal_lady10

Royal_lady10
                • 247 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 08:14 PM

Deb!
                  Girl thanks for the site.. FI will be extra happy in JA and on our weekend getaway for our legal day..

Thanks Girl!

#60 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
                  • 2,287 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 08:51 PM

Great stuff ladies!! Keep it coming. I am sooooooooo in love with this thread! It's nice to know that I'm not the only one out there like me. All my family and friends are slimmer than I, so I don't think that they understand what it's like sometimes. You gals are great! Thanks for all the support.

For the ones that bought the bathing suits from Newport News - how are the sizes?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users