• VIP Member
  • 8,569 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 04:45 PM

POOP! That is such a bummer Lisa!

#332 jackobelle

jackobelle
    • 359 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 10:12 PM

I got some body glide today!!! I was actually out of town to go wedding dress shopping and I decided to go to a specialty runner's store while I was there. I can't wait to try it out - I may just have to buy a couple skirts & dresses to do that!!! LOL!

Also - the wedding dress shopping went SO well!!!! I posted earlier in this thread that I was putting it off because I was scared nothing would look good...well I was so wrong! I found 2 dresses that I really liked, and actually one that I absolutely love!!! It shows off my curves in the most flattering way! My mom actually had tears in here eyes when I got it on, and she can be very critical & picky when it comes to clothing. I am going across the border to David's Bridal next week, but I think it is going to be hard to beat this dress I found today! :)

#333 ~Stephanie~

~Stephanie~
      • 3,347 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 11:23 PM

Jackobelle- Congrats on the dress shopping! That is awesome!
        ~Stephanie

Our wedding websitewww.mywedding.com/stephanieandmichaelbailey

#334 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
        • 2,287 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 07:13 AM

Jackobelle - that's great! It's always so exciting. I would say, the tears in the eyes are a great sign!! :) Keep us updated.

#335 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 12,151 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 12:51 PM

jackobelle, congrats! the dress that brings on the tears is THE ONE!

#336 jackobelle

jackobelle
            • 359 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 12:53 PM

Thanks girls I am pretty excited about it!

#337 alkoch

alkoch
              • 515 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 08:11 PM

Hey everyone - I kinda browesed the thread but didn't find what I was looking for- sorry if I missed it! I think this should be an entire sub-forum everyone has body image/weight woes, no matter what "size" - but I am getting off topic. I bought my dress and my mom suggested a built in bra in the dress, but I am not sure how much support there will be, my dress is strapless and I am a D cup so I am not sure what would work better. Any advice would be very helpful. Oh and I am looking for a good bra if I go the bra route, I have one from Victorias Secret but its not very supportive and I want to look nice and 'perky' for the wedding-lol!

Thanks for the help and the good reading ladies!

#338 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
                • 2,287 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 09:01 PM

Annette - my aunt is custom making my dress and building in a bra. I am also a D cup and it seems to be quite supportive for me. I am also doing a strapless dress. I'm not sure what stores you have around there, but I got my bra at Sears and it's a Vanity Fair. It's quite nice and supportive.

#339 CrystalM

CrystalM
                  • 829 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 10:31 PM

Lisa - You're very lucky your having your dress made by someone close to you!! I'm jealous. My grandma, who i was very close to, always wanted to make my wedding dress. I actually started crying when I paid for mine.
                    I have a fabulous photographer I can share in the United States Virgin Islands in late April/early MayP.M. if interested!http://img.weddingco....pvbh7hxc5u.png

#340 jackobelle

jackobelle
                    • 359 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 10:44 PM

Oh! I forgot to tell you ladies - the shapefx swimsuit everyone is raving about is getting sold out on NewportNews.com but I just found out that Shape FX has its own website and has lots of cool suits and clothing for us curvy girls! it is ShapeFX Collection -- Women's Shapewear, Swimwear, Apparel & Spa ShapeFX

About the dress/bra thing. I would wear a strapless bra, or even get one sewn in to your dress. I have heard that the 'cups' they sew in don't hold the girls up!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users