Photo

Calling all *Curvacious* women!!

• Please log in to reply
1026 replies to this topic

#291 Royal_lady10

Royal_lady10
  • 247 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 10:06 PM

quick question ladies.. I would really love to wear a strapless maxi dress while in JA for a friends wedding... but here is my delima.. I wear a 42 F and cant find a strapless bra that really supports me, or a clear stapped bra.. if any of you ladies are "well" endowed in the boobs..have you had this problem before, or if you know of a good strapless or where I can find a clear strap bra.. i would really appreciate it.. btw here is a pic of the dress
    Green and Brown Floral Paisley Tube Maxi Dress | Dresses

#292 marryinghimagain

marryinghimagain
    • 479 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 09:47 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by khomac
      Body Glide? What am I missing out on! Please inform me :) Love this forum. Thanks girls for all the tips!
      Body Glide is used to prevent chafing (also referred to here as chub rub ). It comes in a stick form, like deodorant. It is awesome!

#293 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
      • 2,287 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 08:10 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Royal_lady10
        quick question ladies.. I would really love to wear a strapless maxi dress while in JA for a friends wedding... but here is my delima.. I wear a 42 F and cant find a strapless bra that really supports me, or a clear stapped bra.. if any of you ladies are "well" endowed in the boobs..have you had this problem before, or if you know of a good strapless or where I can find a clear strap bra.. i would really appreciate it.. btw here is a pic of the dress
        Green and Brown Floral Paisley Tube Maxi Dress | Dresses
        Ah girl, sorry I don't know if I can help you or not seeing as I'm in Canada. I know here, we have Addition-Elle and Pennington's that carry plus sized clothing and bras. I'm not sure where you can go in the US. SORRY!

#294 *HOLLY*

*HOLLY*
        • Banned
        • 3,639 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 04:31 PM

Well for my extra rolls I got my SPAX in the mail today :) plus a nice strapless bra I can use when I try on dresses. Im so excited!!!

#295 MarieSam

MarieSam
          • VIP Member
          • 2,336 posts
            • LocationSouthern California

Posted 09 July 2009 - 05:42 PM

Not sure what constitutes as curvaceous, but I'd like to think I've got curves I will never be stick thin and that's ok with me!

Just had my wedding and have to say that a corset dress was the way to go for me -- it held in all the jiggles that I couldn't get rid of before the wedding AND I didn't have to wear a bra despite my 36D's Also made me relax and not have to worry about eating like a bird leading up to my wedding -- my family is Filipino and DH's is black = major food, all day, all the time!!!

I read a bit of this thread before I left for my wedding and I must say -- all you ladies are beautiful, awesome and so much fun! *many hugs*

#296 Royal_lady10

Royal_lady10
            • 247 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 12:49 PM

Okay ladies.. I am going to give the chub rub a try today.. when I go jogging today.. I got it from a running store her in DC for $8 and it has sunscreen in it as well

#297 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
              • 2,287 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 07:33 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by MarieSam
                Not sure what constitutes as curvaceous, but I'd like to think I've got curves
                Okay ladies.. I am going to give the chub rub a try today.. when I go jogging today.. I got it from a running store her in DC for $8 and it has sunscreen in it as well
                OH do let us know how well it works. I'm anxious to hear!

#298 hockeymom97

hockeymom97
                • 2,458 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 04:50 PM

I am so glad I found this thread! I am definitely a curvy girl, always have been, always will be! Even when my son was younger and I was a stay at home mom and I had time to go to the gym every day, I was still curvy. So when you work out 6 days a week for almost 2 hours a day consistantly for over a year and can still only get down to a 12/14, you just know you're destined to be a big girl, lol. Granted, I was toned and I felt fabulous, but I will just never be skinny. I haven't worked out regulary in awhile so I'm up to a 20/22 these days, but just joined the gym and plan on dropping some weight before the wedding (I hope)!

We've just recently started planning everything during the last month, so I haven't even gotten around to trying on dresses but I'm kind of nervous that I won't find "the one".

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by mummergirl
                  i originally wanted a flowy chiffon dress, but i later realized that in the wind it would cling to all my problem areas. the full skirt with built-in crinoline was the way to go for me. if it wasn't so hot i would have worn extra fluff!
                  This is exactly the style that I've been looking at online and I never even thought about it clinging to my body and showing all my bulges - good god, that's the last thing I want. I may have to totally re-think my idea of what style dress I want! ugggg!
                  Heather & Eric ~ May 5th, 2011 ~ Beaches Turks & Caicos

#299 finzup

finzup
                  • 468 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 09:17 PM

Hi.. curvy gal here, too.. just joined this forum not too long ago and love it -- so much information!

Anyway I have a question -- did any of you curvy gals do BD photos, and if so, how was the experience?
                    Was the photog nice ? Were the pics flattering? Was it uncomfortable?
                    I'm thinking of doing it and appreciate any advice/info!

-Katie
                    Have you met Alice?
                    http://tickers.Ticke....eXf/weight.png

#300 Royal_lady10

Royal_lady10
                    • 247 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 08:00 PM

So i used the body glide today and this weekend..and lets just say I loves it!!. it goes on really smooth.. not too thick or greasy. didnt rub off with my hands either. kept the thighs and other areas pretty lubed up.. and i am not sure if i mentioned it before, but it was SPF25 also.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users