Photo

Calling all *Curvacious* women!!

• Please log in to reply
1026 replies to this topic

#241 jackobelle

jackobelle
  • 359 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 03:21 PM

Hmmmm....now I am wondering if I should go a 'step up' from Spanx and go for a corset under my wedding dress....or get one that is sewn in Anyone have experience with corsets?

I would love one to suck in my waist, but I do not want my chest overflowing out the top. A friend of mine, who is big busted, but a lot thinner, said that her wedding dress had one sewn in and she didn't need to wear a bra.

What do you girls think?

#242 budgetjamaicabride

budgetjamaicabride
    • 516 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 07:49 PM

I wore a corset style long bodice bra for my first wedding (10 years ago and traditional). I loved it and still have it (although I am not the same size as I was, so I am not sure why I still own it). But, there are a few things to consider...

1. Make sure it has a cup style strapless bra at the top not just that band thing... keep you in check... if you know what I mean
      2. If your dress is not the typical heavy satin and you have gone with a flowy style, try it with the dress... may show through because of lacing.

Never seen one sewn in... that would be cool... I wonder how you would lace it.

#243 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
      • 2,287 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 08:57 AM

I have never tried the corset thing, it scares me! lol

#244 marryinghimagain

marryinghimagain
        • 479 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 10:37 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by lisaloo79
          I have never tried the corset thing, it scares me! lol
          Lisa, I'm with ya on that one! This whole bra thing sucks. I hate, hate, hate trying to get just the right one. One makes me to saggy, one makes me to pointy, one makes me smushed, one makes me overflow.....and it goes on and on. Ugh!!

#245 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
          • 2,287 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 10:50 AM

lol I hear ya on that one!!

#246 JoLo908

JoLo908
            • 889 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 01:34 AM

After tomorrow, we are off to Mexico!!! I cannot believe this has flown by!!! P.S. ladies, I bought the body glide at Dicks sporting goods... wil definitely write up a chub rub review when I get back!!

#247 marryinghimagain

marryinghimagain
              • 479 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 07:19 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by JoLo908
                After tomorrow, we are off to Mexico!!! I cannot believe this has flown by!!! P.S. ladies, I bought the body glide at Dicks sporting goods... wil definitely write up a chub rub review when I get back!!
                JoLo, Have a wonderful time. Hope your wedding is everything you have dreamed of! I'll be waiting to hear how well you like the chub rub! Safe travel to you.

#248 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
                • 2,287 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 07:24 AM

Quote:
                  YEAH!!!! Good luck to you Jo! Have an amazing trip, enjoy every minute of it. I can't wait to see your pics and read your reviews! *hugs*

#249 da.shmoopies

da.shmoopies
                  • 223 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 12:43 PM

Quote:
                    Wow. Congratulations! I can't wait too see the pictures. Have a fantastic time!

#250 *HOLLY*

*HOLLY*
                    • Banned
                    • 3,639 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 12:59 PM

My question is wont we get really really hot if we wear like spanx underneath our dresses in the hot sun? I need my rolls to be covered up but I dont want to sweat like a pig!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users