Photo

Calling all *Curvacious* women!!

• Please log in to reply
1026 replies to this topic

#231 da.shmoopies

da.shmoopies
  • 223 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 12:14 PM

Estella1007, I couldn't agree more! I've thought the same many, many times! Except designers would finally make it fit correctly, but then put a giant rhinestone parrot on the front to "hide" the fat rolls. lol

Mummergirl, I'd suggest shopping for mix and match seperate bathing suits. I think I posted here earlier that Lands End sells tops and bottoms seperately and they have bathing suit tops that go up to D-DD cups!

It does suck ordering from catalogues and you can't try it on before buying! I have two suits at home that I have to send back. What a pain. Maybe we should all start a Plus size women's bathing suit business!! Anyone know how to sew?? lol

#232 estella1007

estella1007
    • 475 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 12:24 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by da.shmoopies
      Anyone know how to sew?? lol
      Heck yes I do! Girl, I can draft you a pattern based on your measurements and custom make any darn thing you want. I am so stinking sick of sewing though. I just had to do my collection last semester, and am staying as far from a sewing machine as I can for a while. You would think that I would have made some stuff for myself, but I have yet to do that. Maybe I will be daring and attempt a bathing suit at some point.

#233 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 12,151 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 01:00 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by da.shmoopies
        Mummergirl, I'd suggest shopping for mix and match seperate bathing suits.
        oh that's what i normally do (there is almost nothing "one-piece" in my wardrobe, let alone bathing suits), but for the wedding i needed bandeau and just wasn't finding ANYTHING two-piece that was strapless (except the bikinis in the juniors section, LOL).

#234 da.shmoopies

da.shmoopies
        • 223 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 08:25 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by mummergirl
          oh that's what i normally do (there is almost nothing "one-piece" in my wardrobe, let alone bathing suits), but for the wedding i needed bandeau and just wasn't finding ANYTHING two-piece that was strapless (except the bikinis in the juniors section, LOL).
          Ah, yes, that makes it a whole different ball game! Ugh. I put on the Newport News Bandeau suit last night, which is one whole piece. I felt like it was a sausage encasing. LOL It would probably be better if it were two seperate pieces... I kept having to hoist up the top, because my middrift is a bit longer than the suit is made for.

Suffice it to say, the fiance got quite a show seeing me struggling to pull the dang thing on. I'm not taking it to the lake this weekend as there is red dirt and I don't want my nice white bathing suit to discolor. I like it though.

Again, I say we all start our own bathing suit line!!

#235 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 8,569 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 11:19 PM

Ok, I do not mean to seem like Debbie Downer but my second Jessica London shipment did not work out either. I ordered a 1x (normally wear 16/18 at NY&Co) and it was HUGE!!! Looked like a joke, it was such a shame because it was the cutest dress but just too big. So note if you are ordering from there ...order smaller!

Dress I ordered:

Plus Size Casual Dresses at Jessica London.com

I have to note that the quality was great tho, just not the right fit for me.

#236 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
            • 2,287 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 07:41 AM

Debbie Downer - lol love it!!

Sorry to hear how things are turning out Erika. You'll find the right fitting stuff, I know it!! Thanks for posting about it, it's great for everyone to know! :) Good luck girl!

#237 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 8,569 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 11:31 AM

I am totally bummed because the dress was super cute. But I have bought 4 jcrew dresses in the past few weeks so I am not hurting for dresses. ha ha ha.

#238 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
                • 2,287 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 03:05 PM

probably too much work to get it taken in right? if not, maybe you should consider that, if you absolutely have to have it! lol

#239 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
                  • 2,287 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 01:05 PM

So we've been talking about Spanx alot lately. I went to one of our plus-size stores (pennington's) today and found something really similar. It isn't called Spanx, but it's the same idea. It has the legs and goes right up under the breasts. I decided to try it on. OMG!!! I couldn't believe what it did!! It so pulled me in, the legs or the top didn't roll, it was freakin' fantastic!!

Joanna, you were SO right! I'm glad that I listened to you! Thanks girl!! :)

#240 jackobelle

jackobelle
                    • 359 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 02:32 PM

I am glad you tried them! Spanx are great! I tried some from Penningtons, and I didn't like them at all the waist kept rolling down on me. I am glad they work for you though!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users