Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
~*Lisa*~

Calling all *Curvacious* women!!

Recommended Posts

FI loves my curves, and obviously doesn't care if I lose weight or not because he's great at bringing home things like ice cream for me. When I say *great* I'm being sarcastic, lol. It's frustrating because he knows I want to lose weight but he doesn't seem to think it's a priority. But if I want to the gym, he'll help me find time to do that...so I've got some very mixed signals going, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My FI loves my curves. He doesn't think I need to lose weight but he knows how self conscious i've gotten so he only tries to help me gain my confidence back. He tells me as long as I don't lose any booty and boobies he's fine with my weight. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FI tells me that if I want to lose weight, he'll support me 100%, yet if I'm studying and ask him for something to drink, he brings me a tall glass of Pepsi lol So now I ask for "water" specifically. Not falling for that one again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeymom97 View Post
oh yea, I definitely don't want to lose my curves...but do need to lose some of the fat that's covering my curves right now, lol!
this made me rofl.gif

sorry i seem to have somehow abandoned this thread for a bit ... i guess i am feeling really gross lately bc i've gained so much weight and was trying to ignore it rather than discuss it. i've just crossed over one of those milestone weight numbers that i swore i would never allow myself to weigh more than ... i'm sure you all know what i mean. ugh.

and i'm meeting up with some forum girls from the shout box again in august, and that will likely include beach time on long island ... i can't stand the thought of being in a bathing suit around them! one month is not enough time to lose 100 lbs, is it? LOL!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by cougs View Post
and i'm meeting up with some forum girls from the shout box again in august, and that will likely include beach time on long island ... i can't stand the thought of being in a bathing suit around them! one month is not enough time to lose 100 lbs, is it? LOL!
If you figure out a way to do that, let me know, LOL!! But considering I promised myself I'd start working out again last week and never did anything about it, I'm not on my way to losing anything right now sad.gif I guess not being able to make it to NY might be good since I have more time to lose weight before CA next year, hehe.

I just don't get it...I mean it's not like I'm some sloth who doesn't take care of herself. I spend money on my highlights, my mani/pedi's/expensive skin care products/waxing, etc, etc.....but why can't I get myself to take care of my weight the same way I take care of all the other parts of me?? It's so frustrating. And the kicker is that I KNOW I need to get moving on this now. I was given a second chance by having my wedding date postponed so now I really do have time to get my weight back down to where it belongs, but I still keep putting it off even tho I know I'll hate myself if it gets to be 3 months before the wedding and I'm still fat...ugggg.

But I really do want to make an effort to get started this week...seriously. The first step for me isn't so much the food, it's the working out. Once I start working out and start feeling better about myself, eating beter then becomes easier for me. Do any of you go to the gym or want to start going more regularly? Maybe we can keep each other motivated.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys, I know how you feel.

 

What I did was call my brother. He does kickboxing and trains fighters, so I asked him to be my personal trainer. I love working with him and it doesn't involve the gym. I love the workouts much better than the gym, HOWEVER, I still don't go regularly. I think it's just something I SHOULD do, instead of something I WANT to do.

 

I've been struggling with other issues in my life, and one thing that helped me overcome one thing was positive thinking. I don't know how I changed, but when I stopped calling myself lazy, stupid, an idiot, and saying what's the matter with you? why haven't you done it yet? things changed. the negative self talk was disastrous for me and led me more into depression.

 

Now, I'm happy :) if I don't get to the gym, workout, lose weight, etc, I'm not so sad and upset. I used to put myself down so much, and now it's not such a big deal.

 

I don't think I'll be losing weight any time soon. I'll keep trying, but I'm not going to get down on myself about it. And when the time is right, I think it'll come together and it'll happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HI there!

 

<-- another curvy gal here

 

I'm back on Weight Watchers (about the 4967430th time) but doing well so far. I lost about 20 pounds this past year cutting out wheat, gluten, and red meat. It was too difficult to keep up so hopefully I can strike a balance with WW and exercise.

 

I ordered a 16 (was measured at an 1cool.gif when I bought my dress and it should come in next week. I've only lost about 5 LBS since then so needless to say, I'm a little freaked out!

 

Anyone else trying to get into their dress?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi hockeymom97 I have been reading this thread, but this is my first time commenting. I completely feel what you are saying. I have been packing the pounds on for a past couple years and now my wedding date is next year and I am still no where near what I want to weigh! I have gym membership that I don't want to cancel because I will feel like a failure for sure then! But for the life of me I cannot carry my lazy butt to the gym ever. Me and my FI plan to go and then I find some reason to stay home and veg out on the couch with a gallon of pralines and cream.

 

My brother is in medical school and he has been talking to me about the lap band procedure. I have always been against weight loss surgery unless I was completely out of control in my weight. But the other day when I looked at my weight and the size of my clothes I realized that my weight is completely OUT OF CONTROL! So, I think I am considering now, seriously....I guess I just needed to share that with someone. I have been holding it in for days. I miss my size 14 days and I know I can get back to that size I may just need a little help....smile41.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by khomac View Post
Now, I'm happy :) if I don't get to the gym, workout, lose weight, etc, I'm not so sad and upset. I used to put myself down so much, and now it's not such a big deal.

I don't think I'll be losing weight any time soon. I'll keep trying, but I'm not going to get down on myself about it. And when the time is right, I think it'll come together and it'll happen.
I honestly don't know how you keep such a positive attitude Kelly, but it's awesome :) And I definitely agree with you in that it needs to be YOU who needs to be ready to lose weight. So if now isn't the time for you, then now just isn't the time. When YOU are ready, it will happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *tinkertoy* View Post
Anyone else trying to get into their dress?
I haven't bought my dress yet...I'm still dealing with my phobia of getting undressed to try on wedding dresses in front of some strange salesperson...ugggg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJones2Be View Post
Hi hockeymom97 I have been reading this thread, but this is my first time commenting. I completely feel what you are saying. I have been packing the pounds on for a past couple years and now my wedding date is next year and I am still no where near what I want to weigh! I have gym membership that I don't want to cancel because I will feel like a failure for sure then! But for the life of me I cannot carry my lazy butt to the gym ever. Me and my FI plan to go and then I find some reason to stay home and veg out on the couch with a gallon of pralines and cream.

My brother is in medical school and he has been talking to me about the lap band procedure. I have always been against weight loss surgery unless I was completely out of control in my weight. But the other day when I looked at my weight and the size of my clothes I realized that my weight is completely OUT OF CONTROL! So, I think I am considering now, seriously....I guess I just needed to share that with someone. I have been holding it in for days. I miss my size 14 days and I know I can get back to that size I may just need a little help....smile41.gif
The thought of surgery has crossed my mind, but it's just too scary for me. I know I can lose the weight...I just need to dig deep and find that motivation somehow. But don't get me wrong...for some people having surgery can be a life saver! So if I were you, I would do a lot of research to understand all the risks, and just make sure it's the best option for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×