Sign in to follow this  
~*Lisa*~

Calling all *Curvacious* women!!

quick question ladies.. I would really love to wear a strapless maxi dress while in JA for a friends wedding... but here is my delima.. I wear a 42 F and cant find a strapless bra that really supports me, or a clear stapped bra.. if any of you ladies are "well" endowed in the boobs..have you had this problem before, or if you know of a good strapless or where I can find a clear strap bra.. i would really appreciate it.. btw here is a pic of the dress

Green and Brown Floral Paisley Tube Maxi Dress | Dresses

Quote:
Originally Posted by khomac View Post
Body Glide? What am I missing out on! Please inform me :) Love this forum. Thanks girls for all the tips!
Body Glide is used to prevent chafing (also referred to here as chub rub rofl.gif). It comes in a stick form, like deodorant. It is awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal_lady10 View Post
quick question ladies.. I would really love to wear a strapless maxi dress while in JA for a friends wedding... but here is my delima.. I wear a 42 F and cant find a strapless bra that really supports me, or a clear stapped bra.. if any of you ladies are "well" endowed in the boobs..have you had this problem before, or if you know of a good strapless or where I can find a clear strap bra.. i would really appreciate it.. btw here is a pic of the dress
Green and Brown Floral Paisley Tube Maxi Dress | Dresses
Ah girl, sorry I don't know if I can help you or not seeing as I'm in Canada. I know here, we have Addition-Elle and Pennington's that carry plus sized clothing and bras. I'm not sure where you can go in the US. SORRY! sad.gif

Not sure what constitutes as curvaceous, but I'd like to think I've got curves wink.gif I will never be stick thin and that's ok with me!

Just had my wedding and have to say that a corset dress was the way to go for me -- it held in all the jiggles that I couldn't get rid of before the wedding AND I didn't have to wear a bra despite my 36D's woot.gif Also made me relax and not have to worry about eating like a bird leading up to my wedding cheesy.gif -- my family is Filipino and DH's is black = major food, all day, all the time!!!

I read a bit of this thread before I left for my wedding and I must say -- all you ladies are beautiful, awesome and so much fun! *many hugs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieSam View Post
Not sure what constitutes as curvaceous, but I'd like to think I've got curves wink.gif I will never be stick thin and that's ok with me!

Just had my wedding and have to say that a corset dress was the way to go for me -- it held in all the jiggles that I couldn't get rid of before the wedding AND I didn't have to wear a bra despite my 36D's woot.gif Also made me relax and not have to worry about eating like a bird leading up to my wedding cheesy.gif -- my family is Filipino and DH's is black = major food, all day, all the time!!!

I read a bit of this thread before I left for my wedding and I must say -- all you ladies are beautiful, awesome and so much fun! *many hugs*
If you've got curves, then you're at the right place! :) Welcome MarieSam, we always love new additions to the thread. Thanks so much for the compliments, I know everyone here appreciates them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal_lady10 View Post
Okay ladies.. I am going to give the chub rub a try today.. when I go jogging today.. I got it from a running store her in DC for $8 and it has sunscreen in it as well
OH do let us know how well it works. I'm anxious to hear!

I am so glad I found this thread! I am definitely a curvy girl, always have been, always will be! Even when my son was younger and I was a stay at home mom and I had time to go to the gym every day, I was still curvy. So when you work out 6 days a week for almost 2 hours a day consistantly for over a year and can still only get down to a 12/14, you just know you're destined to be a big girl, lol. Granted, I was toned and I felt fabulous, but I will just never be skinny. I haven't worked out regulary in awhile so I'm up to a 20/22 these days, but just joined the gym and plan on dropping some weight before the wedding (I hope)!

We've just recently started planning everything during the last month, so I haven't even gotten around to trying on dresses but I'm kind of nervous that I won't find "the one".

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummergirl View Post
i originally wanted a flowy chiffon dress, but i later realized that in the wind it would cling to all my problem areas. the full skirt with built-in crinoline was the way to go for me. if it wasn't so hot i would have worn extra fluff!
This is exactly the style that I've been looking at online and I never even thought about it clinging to my body and showing all my bulges - good god, that's the last thing I want. I may have to totally re-think my idea of what style dress I want! ugggg!

Hi.. curvy gal here, too.. just joined this forum not too long ago and love it -- so much information!

Anyway I have a question -- did any of you curvy gals do BD photos, and if so, how was the experience?

Was the photog nice ? Were the pics flattering? Was it uncomfortable?

I'm thinking of doing it and appreciate any advice/info!

So i used the body glide today and this weekend..and lets just say I loves it!!. it goes on really smooth.. not too thick or greasy. didnt rub off with my hands either. kept the thighs and other areas pretty lubed up.. and i am not sure if i mentioned it before, but it was SPF25 also.