Calling all *Curvacious* women!!

~*Lisa*~

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoLo908 View Post
Hi everyone! I think big boobs do weigh you down, and hurt the back a bit (personally). If I lose some poundage I totally want to get a reduction and lift, just for the sake of feeling more comfortable. They are a lot to deal with!
If I could afford it, I would totally get a reduction and a lift too!! Right now I'm a pretty full DD, but even if I lose the weight that I want, I'll still probably be a really large C or a small D - at my skinniest (size 8/10) that is what I was previously. And after having a baby, I'd definitely like move them up just a little to where they were before, lol.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a feeling I'll be investing in some Spanx for the DW!! I've never tried them before but so far have only heard positive things. And even though I haven't went dress shopping yet, the majority of the dresses I've been looking at online are flowy, chiffon type dresses which (when the wind blows) will show every little bump...uggggg!!

Any "chunky chicks" (lol - I love that) have experiences with trying on dresses made of light, flowy fabrics, versus something more structured and which looked better on? My original thought is that something flowy would be good at hiding my tummy, but for all I know it could just make me look pregnant!! eek.gif

Heather - I think that something more structured would hide all the lumps and bumps, if that's what you're looking for. Something flowy would definitely show more, especially in the wind. I know that's what happens to me, with what I call my spare tire in the front! lol I have to wear more structured dresses, when I can get them to fit me right!

Wind never even crossed my mind! Great. Now I'm worried again. wink.gif Kidding.

Yep. Mine is flowy material, and it does show more of the bumps! But I wanted something light rather than structured, because I didn't want to die in the heat. Spanx really makes a difference. I'd recommend getting a pair to wear while trying on dresses.

I like spanks but girls they are a pain in the patooty to put on and take off! I buy the "all the way up" kind that go up to right under my bra..

I find it weird that they "crotchless" - I don't know if it's for bathroom purposes, but no way am I peeing through that!! Plus I wear underwear so that's just not an option. So whenever I have to go to the bathroom - which is pretty often when I'm wearing them, because I'm all dressed up in a dress for a reason (i.e. party, wedding, etc) and there's definitely alcohol involved and that necessitates more trips to the bathroom.. OK enough of that.. suffice to say it is VERY difficult to get them down and up .. a "quick trip to the bathroom" involves a lot of struggling and wiggling to get them back on

Ok sorry to be gross.. hopefully it made you chuckle :)

OK Ladies after today I think I'm the expert on being a a big breasted chick with a chiffon sweetheart neckline dress.

To start off any ladies who are looking at sweetheart neckline dress beware if your breast are as big as mine bc there are no bras on earth that will really work.

I have been back in forth from my bridal boutique to my lingerie store 2x today and 1x yesterday. The bustier I bought yesterday didn't work bc the cups were too high for my sweetheart neckline and the boning in the bustier showed in my chiffon gown. So I had to return that and end up with a 34G strapless bra. The seamstress is adding some kind of hook in the inside middle front of my gown so that the bra will snap into the gown. She also has to alter it so that the bra does not show on the sides...

This has been the craziest experience.

So again my advice to all of you is be careful with you neckline if you have over a DDD bra size bc realistically there are no bras that will work (i wish that would have been explained to me when I was gown shopping) Nonetheless I feel that everything will work out. You guys would have seen me crying while driving today... Oh also I have to now wear a pair of spanx for tummy control and smoothness.

Also my "girls" don't get in the way for me. I am so used to them that they are just a part of life. They don't bother me at all. My only issue is the steps bc I live in a 3 story house and my office is on the 3rd floor... I'd be a fool to run up or down the steps lol. My FI always jokes that I forced him to be a breast man bc i have so much to go around, but in my opinion they aren't even that big haha....

The local and amazing lingirie (sp? ) store here in town has awesome corsets and long line bras in all sizes. Bra Fitting Experts in Denver - SOL - Store of Lingerie - Denver, CO

Mine was a 38 E or maybe a 40E. they will alter it to fit your dress for free. and my long line bra was just below $58 (not too bad) and free altering for life, so I can have it altered to my wedding dress now and a different dress later.

PrettyH- maybe someone can alter yours?