Calling all *Curvacious* women!!

~*Lisa*~

Hi my beautiful curvy Ladies,

I am having a pre-wedding mini meltdown! I am super worried about my photos & how I'll look in my dress. I am just undergoing my last few fittings and I am not completely happy. The seamstress and my mom can tell I am not the typical "excited" bride about my dress. When I tried it on to buy it was about 4 sizes smaller than the one I ordered based on my measurements. When I tried the smaller one on the sales lady laced it up super tight and it gave me a nice curvy hourglass shape. When my larger dress came in, it doesn't nearly do the same. I think it is actually a bit too big and we can't tie it very tight so the hourglass shape is not as pronounced. How tight should you tie a corset back? Did any of you have a similar situation? The seamstress doesn't think that taking it in will make much of a difference.

My other worry is the wedding pictures, and specifically the TTD. I look pretty good in my dress (considering the above problem) form the front but I am not a fan of the side view as I think I look wide. I am going to share this concern with my photog and ask him to try to get my more flattering angles. My main worry is the TTD. Most of the great TTD photos are of the couple lying in the waves, but I think I'll look like a beached whale! I don't think lying down will be flattering at all. I would love to get some sexy amazing TTD shots, so I am asking for advice on poses. Any ideas? Did any of you do a TTD and do you have a good pose you wouldn't mind posting or telling me about?

Sorry so long, but I am seriously fretting over this. And everytime I mention it to my FI or friends, they just say "don't worry you'll look beautiful". (Easy for them to say!) I know you ladies know where I am coming from, and many have had the same worries as me. I would greatly appreciate any thoughts or advice.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhhh girl!! smile03.gif Time to sit back, relax and take a deep breath. Your wedding day is almost here, woo hoo!!!!!!!!!! woot.gif

First of all, you're beautiful, so don't ever forget that!

Second of all, don't worry about your dress so much. It will all work out in the end. I had problems with my aunt making mine, but it did work out. If you really want to have the dress taken in, then insist on it. Just don't forget that you will have to sit down in it at some point, so the little extra room just might actually be a blessing. I could never understand how those girls with the skin-tight dresses sit...maybe they just stand the whole time?! lol

I can't help you out with TTD because we never did one. I do regret it, but I can't change that now. I think you have a great idea to talk to the photog and explain what you want. I didn't think of that actually and I didn't choose some of my pics either because I didn't like my arms. You WILL NOT look like a beached whale!! And if you think you might, then don't do that pose, try something different. (I honestly couldn't see myself either in that pose on top of my hubby - eww!! lol)

In the end, please don't stress out too much, you're almost there! You're going away to get married to the love of your life who loves you for who you are, not what you look like. Sit back and relax and whatever happens, happens! love.gif love.gif

Oh no Jackobelle! I think alot of us know what you're going through! Like Lisa says, relax. I'm 260lbs and I encourage you to look at my TTD album. Yes, in some cases maybe I do look that big and of course, not all of them made it to the album :) and I'm angry that I completely forgot to put on makeup (ugh!), BUT, they are still beautiful.

I'm almost positive that when it comes time for it, you will feel awesome. You won't have such negative thoughts running through your head.

For me, I plan on going to PC again, and when I'm comfortable and feel better, I will do a TTD session again so I can get those "killer" shots.

Kelly Homac's Photos - TTD (trash the dress) | Facebook

let me know if you can't view the album

ok where are you ladies getting cute clothes these days? i feel like i don't like anything i'm seeing anywhere anymore.

i mean, first of all, skinny jeans? hello, if i am shopping for plus-sizes then "skinny jeans" are probably not for me! in fact, any tapered-leg kind of pant is going to make me look like tweedledum, so just stop bombarding me with them (not you ladies, the fashion industry)! also, stop putting that tight band around the bottom of shirts. that is the widest part of my body, so clearly i don't want my clothes to be tight there, k thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khomac View Post
Oh no Jackobelle! I think alot of us know what you're going through! Like Lisa says, relax. I'm 260lbs and I encourage you to look at my TTD album. Yes, in some cases maybe I do look that big and of course, not all of them made it to the album :) and I'm angry that I completely forgot to put on makeup (ugh!), BUT, they are still beautiful.

I'm almost positive that when it comes time for it, you will feel awesome. You won't have such negative thoughts running through your head.

For me, I plan on going to PC again, and when I'm comfortable and feel better, I will do a TTD session again so I can get those "killer" shots.

Kelly Homac's Photos - TTD (trash the dress) | Facebook
let me know if you can't view the album
Damn damn Kelly I so wish i did this.... You looked totally amazing.... So happy and glowing....... I love your pictures

awww cougs, I know exactly what you mean. Thing is, I want to wear that stuff, but I just can't picture myself in skinny jeans (yikes!!!!) I know that we've had the "where do you shop" convo before and I probably can't help you because I live in Canada and our selection here sucks a$$! sad.gif It's so hard to find nice/in style clothes, I hate it! Wal-Mart actually doesn't have 1/2 bad selections!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mischaka View Post
I'm not sure what style you ladies like but I shop at torrid, NY&Co, metrostyle, newport news, lane bryant...and maybe macy's. I'm a BIG (literally and figuratively..lol) online shopper.
I can't seem to get into online shopping for clothes, it's too hard to size I find, especially if ordering from a company I've never bought from before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougs View Post
ok where are you ladies getting cute clothes these days? i feel like i don't like anything i'm seeing anywhere anymore.

i mean, first of all, skinny jeans? hello, if i am shopping for plus-sizes then "skinny jeans" are probably not for me! in fact, any tapered-leg kind of pant is going to make me look like tweedledum, so just stop bombarding me with them (not you ladies, the fashion industry)! also, stop putting that tight band around the bottom of shirts. that is the widest part of my body, so clearly i don't want my clothes to be tight there, k thanks.
I don't stray far from Old Navy these days. I just don't like jeans from anywhere else and they never fit the same.
Here is what I wanna know...Do they make the high boots for bigger girls with bigger calves? lol I can't get those high boots to zipper past the middle of my calf and I am really upset about it. it reall frustrates me, because I know that I have seen girls my size with high boots, so them make plus size boots? lol
That is the only way I would wear skinny jeans, If I had the boots.
I tried on a pair of "super skinny jeans" from Old navy last week, they were HORRIBLE on me..Omg..So bad.
I did just order a pair of black stretch pants from Ny&Co online, although I have no idea why. I really want to wear them, but unless I find the right shirt that is the right length, they will sadly sit in my drawer ugh sad.gif

I can't do skinny jeans either Cougs, so don't feel bad....no way...no how!! I think if I tried them on I would just make myself cry, lol. I really like jeans with just a little bit of a boot cut...even tho I am chunky I still have fairly long legs (like 32 or 33 inseam) and boot cut just seems to work best for me. I have a pair of jeans that are "trouser cut" and I really like those as well. hey aren't a flare leg, but have just a luittle bit of a wider leg...more like a dress pant, but they are a really dark denim and are super easy to dress up when needed.

I'm all about being comfortable at work - I feel more productive when I'm comfy :) So I buy a lot of my work stuff at J. Jill - I love their "Wearever" collection. And the best part is that a lot of of their stuff is a little roomy so I don't have to buy plus sizes for everything. Like the Wearever pants, I can buy XL or even sometimes L depending on my weight at the time lol.