Calling all *Curvacious* women!!

~*Lisa*~

Quote:
:

thanks so much for the information and great advice! Glad to hear that your mom is doing fantastic with this. Just out of curiosity, did she have to have some skin removed as well?

She hasn't had the skin removed just yet. I have the most amazing mom in the world, and she was scheduled for surgery last week (at the time of scheduling we were still to be married in January), so she's rescheduled it for the beginning of March so she can still come to our wedding.
She's worked out and toned up enough that all she's having done is a bit of a tummy tuck, and she's also having a breast lift, not so much because of the surgery, but she's had three children and "just wants the girls back in the northern hemisphere".
She's still self conscious aout her arms; she thinks she has "chicken wings", but she doesn't know what she's talking about, the doctors have told her there isn't enough skin there to be removed. Generally though, there isn't much loose skin as long as you're working out as you lose to help tighten it back up.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysgirl View Post
Ugh it sucks so bad to be short! I think 130 at 5'3 is pushing it really, esp if you are muscular. I am extremely muscular. I am 5'2 and my goal weight is 135! I feel like I will look good and feel healthy at that size! My clothes size won't even change really though. I have 11lbs left to lose, so you do the math and I am a 6/8 in street clothes right now. I will be the same size at 135...so annoying! I know I have less to lose than some of you ladies, but I have super skinny friends and I have always felt like the chubby girl esp. after I got up to 165 in college! FML! smile78.gif
This is a great support group, so even if you don't have as much weight to lose, it doesn't matter. You can still bitch about your skinny friends! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandynd View Post
She hasn't had the skin removed just yet. I have the most amazing mom in the world, and she was scheduled for surgery last week (at the time of scheduling we were still to be married in January), so she's rescheduled it for the beginning of March so she can still come to our wedding.
She's worked out and toned up enough that all she's having done is a bit of a tummy tuck, and she's also having a breast lift, not so much because of the surgery, but she's had three children and "just wants the girls back in the northern hemisphere".
She's still self conscious aout her arms; she thinks she has "chicken wings", but she doesn't know what she's talking about, the doctors have told her there isn't enough skin there to be removed. Generally though, there isn't much loose skin as long as you're working out as you lose to help tighten it back up.
That's so amazing!! Sounds like your mom has really worked hard for this and definitely deserves it! Please keep us updated on how she's doing!

Well DH and I started working out again this week. We're just hitting up my parents place but will be joining a gym on the weekend or next week because my parents only have a few pieces of equipment. I forgot how good it felt to do this. Amazinly, I do have more energy, even after only 2 workouts - it's great! I did weigh myself this morning and I am down 1 lb but my official weigh date isn't until sat. Hopefully I'll be the same or even down more by then! woot.gif

I need to vent........

I feel like the fattest bride to be in history....i know im not, i just feel disgusted of myself..why didnt i do this..... i had lost 15 lbs gained about 5-7 lbs back......... i had 8 mts to lose 50 lbs.........and now only 2 1/2 months to go,but really only one because I need to do dress fitting a month prior....so...cant lose weight after that...or else the dress will fit oddly....and loosely....

this is suppose to be the best day of my life and i feel like.....i wont appreciate it because im so fat.....ill look back at the picture and hate them instead of love them......

:*(

i hope i am not offending others........please dont take any offence....this vent is about ME, not other brides, i just needed to say it out loud to people who would listen and understand my feelings..unlike my 95 lbs friends......... or fiance who says he loves me no matter what....but this is about ME and my self image.........being horrified of yourself...its not fun

awww Jessica, I know how you feel. grouphug.gif I had a breakdown before my wedding too. I didn't want to be the disgusting, fat bride. I too had a year to lose weight and only managed to lose 20lbs. At least it was better than gaining! I know that it's hard to see yourself in a different way, but you truly have to understand that no matter what you look like on the outside, your inside is beautiful and that's what really matters. Your family and friends love you for you, not for what you look like!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstar83 View Post
i had 8 mts to lose 50 lbs.........and now only 2 1/2 months to go,but really only one because I need to do dress fitting a month prior....so...cant lose weight after that...or else the dress will fit oddly....and loosely....

this is suppose to be the best day of my life and i feel like.....i wont appreciate it because im so fat.....ill look back at the picture and hate them instead of love them...... :*(
i had two years' worth of engagement and i didn't do jack shit about my weight until about 6 months beforehand. and even then i lost and gained, lost and gained. i think i took off about 30. in the end, i did sooooo much stress eating that i'm lucky my dress fit me!

i was sooo worried about my pics but from my own experience, i can tell you that i looked at my pics a *kajillion* times before even *i* was able to notice my flaws ... the love and happiness of the day totally outshone any back fat or arm flab (and believe me, that shit was there)! i know we all want our day, and what we look like, to be perfect ... but truly, the man about to become your husband and the love you share are all you need for a perfect wedding day.

p.s. i gained all 30 lbs back within 8 months! shitfan.gif

I felt the same way before the wedding. I was disappointed in myself because you only have 1 wedding and 1 chance for those unforgettable pictures. I had a year to lose the weight and didn't.

But after you put on that beautiful dress, with you're hair all up, your jewelery all sparkley, your MOH & mother helping you get ready, and walking down the aisle to see all of your family, & friends smiling at you, you forget about your weight. You look infront of you and you see your soon to be husband smiling at you, and maybe even shedding a tear. You kiss your father/mother as they give you away and hear them say you look beautiful and their proud of you.

After all of this, if you still feel fat, disgusted, and disappointed, THEN YOU CALL ME COLLECT RIGHT AWAY AND I'LL HAVE A SERIOUS CHAT WITH YOU!!!

This is who you are - PERIOD. Your husband chose you for a reason. Your friends and family love you. In the years to come, when you lose weight, and if the pictures still bother you, then I say that's a great time to go back to your destination and get some glam shots with an incredible photographer!

The day of your wedding, you will feel amazing. Just like all our "skinny" friends no matter WHAT size you are.

Accept the fact that this is you. Look in the mirror and say that you're still okay the way you are! When you are ready to lose weight, you will go after it and you'll fight hard! Obviously right now just isn't the time for you. But one day it will be and you'll get there.