• Please log in to reply
273 replies to this topic

#181 YaelM

YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 5,369 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 01:05 PM

OOO i love this thread! Ill need to take a pic of mine so i can post. But I have a celtic triangle on my lower back...AKA tramp stamp :) I got it in college and it symbolizes the 3 stages of life.

I love hearing everyone's stories about their tatoos!

#182 ebredhawk

ebredhawk
    • 949 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 04:04 PM

jenn, i feel the same way!! my big side piece is positioned so that when i wear my wedding dress the koi fish on the top will actually be poking his head out over the top of my dress. if i covered that up, it wouldn't be me!!

i feel the same way about tattoos on the wedding party too. i know people feel different ways about this, but out of our 6 BM and GM, 4 will have visible tattoos (not including FI and myself). to have them cover it up would be taking away from them i think. now i also know people who have tattoos that they really regret or may not be entirely "wedding appropriate" so i can see where that comes into play, but overall i think that it's part of you so don't hide it!!

#183 *kellis*

*kellis*
      • 330 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 08:42 PM

Glad you all share my perspective. My tattoos and my nose ring are a part of me, as much as a freckle. To see myself without them wouldn't feel right.

So at least if my mother gives me a hard time about it I can say that I know a bunch of other brides who aren't covering theirs up
        http://davf.daisypath.com/Pw5um7.png
        (Formerly "Future Mrs. Kt Ellis")

I love being a wife!

#184 FutureMrsLewis

FutureMrsLewis
        • 583 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 10:59 PM

Ladies, after seeing all of your beautiful tattoos, I'm inspired to get one. All along I've been a chicken, but now I want one I just can't figure out what to get lol

#185 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
          • 2,287 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 08:53 PM

my advice, don't get something just because, make sure you get something that means something. you don't want to regret it later on!

#186 FutureMrsLewis

FutureMrsLewis
            • 583 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 10:18 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by lisaloo79
              my advice, don't get something just because, make sure you get something that means something. you don't want to regret it later on!
              Oh, I know that. That's why I'm finding it hard to decide. I want something for my uncle who died almost 11 years ago, I just have to decide exactly what I want :)

#187 BlissfulMsMiranda

BlissfulMsMiranda
              • 512 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 03:00 PM

Sorry if this has been done already -- mods feel free to delete or redirect if it has! -- but I'm planning on getting a tattoo in the next few weeks and I want to know what everyone else has!

This is going to be my very FIRST tattoo and I'm having my Mum draw and design it for me (she's an incredible artist).

So, show off ladies!!! Let me see them tatts!!!

#188 jk1101

jk1101
                • 2,582 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 03:03 PM

We do have a thread of this already

http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t41779

Good luck with the tattoo - the first one is exciting and starts the addiction!

#189 BlissfulMsMiranda

BlissfulMsMiranda
                  • 512 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 03:20 PM

^^^
                    Thanks! I'm so bad at finding threads ...

So everyone's tattoos are awesome! Makes me want one EVEN MORE.

I want to get it on my side, kind of on the ribs ... am I making a mistake for my first-time tattoo being in that locale? Am I gonna pass out from the pain?? LOL

#190 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
                    • 2,287 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 03:23 PM

hell no! lol I personally don't have one on the ribs, but on my foot hurt. The pain isn't that unbareable otherwise people wouldn't get more than one! no worries, you'll be fine! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users