Post your tattoo pics here!

TammyB

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have five tattoos, but this one is my favorite :)

Click the image to open in full size.

It's on my right-side rib panel. I don't have a particular story behind this bird, other than I had my tattoo guy draw it up for me and I loved it the moment I saw it on paper. After the wedding, I'm adding more to it and plan to turn into an entire piece down my side.

The other tattoos I have are...

Alibata (ancient Filipino script) for soul on my back

My son's initials on my right wrist

A girly skull on the lower left side of my back (my sister and I got matching skulls :)

The above hummingbird

And three small stars behind the left ear for me, my mom and my sister.

FI has two tribal shoulder caps, an full sleeve on his left arm and "Forgive Me Father" across his collarbone.

After the wedding, we are also getting "His" and "Hers" tattooed on the inside of our ring fingers (his on mine, hers on his, of course wink.gif

I can't wait for him to roll up his sleeves on our wedding day and let those tattoos peek through his super conservative suit wink.gif

Here are mine! But before I post, can I get your opinion? So many people have told me(starting from when I was in my aunt's wedding at 13) to not get a tattoo that would show wearing your wedding dress, or to cover it up...etc. Am I the only one that doesn't want to cover mine up at all? Right now I only have one that would actually show but the thing is, I'm proud of my tattoos. It's not something I want to hide or cover up. Maybe its just the stigma of tattoos but I don't think it is "inappropriate" to show your tattoo at a wedding. Just my opinion.

Anywho, here is mine.

This is my four leaf clover tattoo. It was my first one. My family is Irish and I am very proud of that. Also it is my reminder of family, mine is different and spread out but we're very supportive of each other, when all else fails, family is all you have left. I don't ever want to forget that. I may add more to it later, we'll see. It's emerald green on my right shoulder.

It was a cell phone pic from when I first got it so it's not very clear.

This is my most recent, my star flower that I got in OR when I was helping my best friend/MOH move. We got tattoos together, she got a small nautical star on her foot, I got this on my right inner ankle. She has meant so much to me and this is such a crazy and exciting time in our lives and she was moving states awaysad.gif but we wanted something to remember what a difference we've made in each other's lives.

It's black outlined, navy blue in the dark part(that looks black in the picture) and a coralish pink.

I definitely want more but I have to spread them out financially lol. My next ones are Passion or Life Is Beautiful written on my wrist and something like this...Click the image to open in full size.

On my side.

My FI and I both love tattoos and want to get something for each other but not each other's names. So we're thinking one of two things. A antique keyhole for me maybe in a heart, and him with an antique skeleton key. Or... A butterfly for me(FI is an artist and is going to make it look like scrolls if that makes any sense) and a crow for him. Sounds strange but it's based off a Shinedown song that got us talking to each other because it was one of the first things we found we had in common and we listened to all the time when we started dating.

They're so addicting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity22 View Post
Is that pretty typical for a lot of the bright coloring to come off with the scabbing?
It shouldn't come off if you keep it moisturized. The only times I've seen that happen is when the person didn't keep it moisturized and it scabbed way worse then it should have, and when my FI had his friend who was a tattoo apprentice do a black tat on his back and I don't think he did it deep enough, which I hear is a common mistake for people just starting out. But now its all faded and has "holes" in the color. It bugs the heck out of me lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Mrs. Kt Ellis View Post
Here are mine! But before I post, can I get your opinion? So many people have told me(starting from when I was in my aunt's wedding at 13) to not get a tattoo that would show wearing your wedding dress, or to cover it up...etc. Am I the only one that doesn't want to cover mine up at all? Right now I only have one that would actually show but the thing is, I'm proud of my tattoos. It's not something I want to hide or cover up. Maybe its just the stigma of tattoos but I don't think it is "inappropriate" to show your tattoo at a wedding. Just my opinion.

You're definitely not the only one who feels this way, and since you're the bride, your opinion should be the only one that matters. I had my shoulder tattoo showing at my wedding and wouldn't have had it any other way. It's got special meaning to me and is part of who I am. I think yours are absolutely beautiful, show them with pride!

I made no effort to hide my tattoo for my wedding and find it odd that people with tattoos WANT to cover them. If you are ashamed, why did you get it in the first place? At least that is how I feel about it. They are a part of me now as much as any beauty mark I was born with, so I wouldn't even consider covering them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Mrs. Kt Ellis View Post