May 2010 Punta Cana

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Tilly in the Sun

Tilly in the Sun
  • 450 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 08:10 PM

Hello. My name is Chantelle and my fiance and I are planning on getting married next May in Punta Cana....currently searching for a nice hotel....any suggestions? I am totally clueless about the whole planning process so I have a feeling I will be on here a lot lol.

#2 O'Driscoll Photography

O'Driscoll Photography
    • 4,853 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 10:58 PM

Welcome and congrats, Chantelle!

Best wishes,

#3 kimrae99

• 103 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 11:51 PM

Welcome to the forum!! You find so much great stuff on here to help you plan your perfect DW : )

#4 Dmitri_Markine

• Vendor
        • 2,782 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 12:01 AM

Welcome to the forum Chantelle
          Good luck with your planning.
          Lots of info on this board

-Dmitri :)

#5 eloping789

• 290 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 12:15 AM

Welcome! You'll find tons of great info here. You can find some good hotel info in the Dominican Republic section of this site. Some of the favorites are Majestic, Excellence and Paradisus, but it really depends on what you're planning and the wedding packages available. We're at Melia Caribe Tropical because they had the best options for eloping (at least for me anyway). Read up and ask lots of questions! The brides and vendors are all very helpful.

Good luck with the planning!

#6 bobbysgirl

• 184 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 12:23 AM

Welcome! I am getting married at Punta Cana Princess --It's an adults only resort, but it's beautiful... From what I've been reading all the princess resorts are very nice... Good luck planning!

#7 Tilly in the Sun

Tilly in the Sun
              • 450 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 06:51 AM

Thanks so much everyone :-) All of those hotels are on a looong list of 'maybe's. I feel like I have done so much researching on my own, and now that it is getting closer that I should start actually making choices (which is really tough for me lol).
                This may sound like a silly question, but how would I go about seeing what each hotel has to offer? I see that most have phone numbers and email...is one way better/more efficient than the other?

Thanks again!!

#8 TammyB

• 10,630 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 07:53 AM

Hi Chantelle and welcome to the forum. If their is anything you would like me to try to get for you, I'll be at Dreams Punta Cana in June. Best of luck

#9 ACH2009

• 330 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 08:42 AM

Congrats and welcome to the forum! Most of my wedding planning has been done through email. Sometimes it takes a few days but I always hear back from someone. Good luck :)
                    Our Pro Pic slideshow by Tammy B Photography

Our Pro Pic slideshow by Melissa Green Photographyhttp://www.melissagr....php#/featured/

#10 KristinaM

• VIP Member
                    • 3,082 posts
                    • Wedding Date:April 18, 2013
                    • Wedding Location:Ocean Blue & Sand, Punta Cana
                    • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 01 May 2009 - 09:06 AM

Congratulations and Welcome Chantelle!!

You'll find tons of information in the Dominican Republic section to help you get a feel for some of the resorts.

I have stayed at Dreams Punta Cana and the Grand Palladium punta cana for vacations and loved them both.

Happy Planning!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users