Photo

Displaced Mexico bride looking for last minute Jamaican photographer?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 sgbrown

sgbrown
  • 130 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 01:31 PM

Hi everyone,

I was supposed to leave this Saturday for my wedding in Mexico. Our vacation company has cancelled all flights to Mexico for the month of May, and therefore we had to postpone our wedding.

We have rebooked for June 2nd at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites in Montego Bay, Jamaica. I had arranged for a professional photographer to shoot my wedding in Mexico and I'm hoping I can pull some sort of miracle out of a hat and find an equally amazing Jamaican photographer.

If anyone can offer any advice, I would really appreciate it. I'm going to start browsing the Jamaica vendor threads as much as I can to see if I can find anything...

Our price range is ~ $2000.

Thanks in advance! Life can be a bit crazy, can't it?!

#2 drbrainfreeze

drbrainfreeze
    • 813 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 01:44 PM

I am using Brian Nejedly....Cost I think was $1900 for 6 hours

Photography by Brian Nejedly - Ocho Rios, Jamaica - Weddings, Villas, Surfing, Reggae

Good luck!!

#3 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
      • 5,649 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 02:33 PM

I'm not sure how much these guys charge but they look like they do beautiful work! Good luck hun! :)

Jamaica Wedding Photography by Paula and Damian : Photojournalism, Tensing Pen, Montego Bay

#4 ~*petals*~

~*petals*~
        • 1,572 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 03:58 PM

This thread has lots of helpful information.
          http://bestdestinati...com/forum/t5305
          (just ignore the second post in it)

#5 sgbrown

sgbrown
          • 130 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 10:17 PM

Thanks guys! I really appreciate the help!

#6 uspoiledme

uspoiledme
            • 167 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 11:58 PM

I spent countless hours researching photographers and made a final decision on Misha Earle. She will be photgraphing my wedding in Montego Bay and my TTD at Dunns River Falls. Her posted prices for 8 hours and to photograph both sessions is $2,200.
              She is absolutely wonderful. She's really sweet and passionate about her work. She usually returns emails within 48 hours because she lives on the outskirts of the city and has to travel to check her email.
              If you need a response sooner rather than later please email me at mary@marybrealty.com and I can give you her personal cell number.
              If you contact her please let her know that Mary referred you.

#7 uspoiledme

uspoiledme
              • 167 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 11:59 PM

Ooops! I forgot to include her web address;
                Zenfolio | misha earle photography | WEDDINGS

#8 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                • 11,659 posts
                • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 05 May 2009 - 12:07 AM

i have actually spoken to a few photogs on here that feel really bad for the displaced brides so we are working on a thread for photogs to possibly do weddings at a really reduced rate.

check in with this thread to see what photogs have signed up.
                http://bestdestinati....1994#post78966

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
                Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#9 montegobay09

montegobay09
                • 832 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 04:04 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Tammy Host
                  i have actually spoken to a few photogs on here that feel really bad for the displaced brides so we are working on a thread for photogs to possibly do weddings at a really reduced rate.

check in with this thread to see what photogs have signed up.
                  http://bestdestinati....1994#post78966
                  Wow, that is so great. Cudos to all those photogs!! Those poor displaced brides need all the stress relief they can get and that just lightens the load a little I'm sure. This forum is so amazing for organizing stuff like that!

I know that Marshall1980 used someone based in Montego Bay and was VERY happy with them. Here's her review...http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t40732

Good luck!!!

#10 divadivine25

divadivine25
                  • 427 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 02:13 AM

Destination Wedding Photography

Hope that helps and good luck to you! I arrive in Jamaica on your wedding day, congrats!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users