We canceled our wedding...

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#21 dnrosier

• 57 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 06:38 PM

Sorry! I cant imagine how devastated you must be right now. I know you are upset but dont lose sight of the reason for this wedding and that is for you and your FI to make a lifelong commitment to each other because of your love for each other.

#22 Blkatz

• 1,025 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by AlmostaSeif
      I am devastated. I can't begin to tell you how horrible all of this is. We began the process yesterday of canceling everything. I feel like I am in some sort of nightmare or something. With the amount of guests that were canceling, it didn’t make sense to have it anymore. My mother is recovering from breast cancer and can’t afford to get sick, so she wouldn’t have been there. My FI’s parents canceled, my sister canceled. Ugh. We had 41 people planning on attending our wedding that is less than two weeks away. I know we could have just gone and had it been who ever showed up, but we couldn’t. FI also didn’t want to risk anything. I know all is fine in Cabo, but we were worried about the travel there and back. I am sure we all would have been fine, but why take any chances? It would have been a constant worry the entire time we were there and then when we got home. I was told by my bosses not to come back to work for awhile to make sure all was ok if I did end up going. To me, that isn’t what all this is about. I stopped crying about it now and am just numb now. I feel like crawling under a rock and staying there. Thanks for letting me vent ladies. I need some pick me ups right now. I can’t stop thinking about the amount of time, money, tears and sweat that I put into this wedding and fear all would have been just fine had we gone. I hate the swine flu.
      I am so sorry to here this-I can tell you from first hand that no matter what anyone says it is not going to make you feel any better. We were in the same boat with our guests. In the end, we decided even if it was just the 2 of us we were doing it...can you and your FI just do something private by yourself? I have a feeling in 2 months from now, we are going to look back on this swine flu and laugh about how everyone made such a big deal and it was nothing...
      It is ok to cry-I still do...I told Fiance that I was going to mourn my wedding and he laughed.
      Cheer up-you still can do something amazing.
      IF you need anyone to vent to-email me :)

#23 Jtds2713

• 714 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 07:23 PM

I can understand how devastated you must be feeling right now, especially after all the planning and all the excitement regarding your wedding. I had a destination wedding and I would have felt the same it had happened to us. Whatever happens, I am sure there will an opportunity in the future to get together again with your loved ones and do something special. If you are intent on having a beach wedding, there are also beautiful beaches here in the US. Whatever your plans may be, it will all work out someday. What is most important is that you will be sharing your life with the man you love. For so many out there, true love remains elusive. I wish you all the happiness.

#24 YoursTruly

• 1,097 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 07:25 PM

Wow my heart breaks for all of you....I sincerely hope an alternate cn be worked out for you and the group. What is your TA doing? DO your guests have travel insurance?

#25 Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez

Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez
          • 1,326 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 08:59 PM

Hi Michele,

I still feel really sad for you. I feel like I know you because we shared the same wedding weekend. I know you made a sane decision but I know it hurts. You are in my thoughts. I'm still hanging on to my wedding date for now. Please feel free to mail me for support.

#26 JillfromSF

• 3 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 10:33 PM

I am so so so so sorry to hear you are canceling. Hang in there.

#27 egsarah

• 355 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 10:46 PM

I'm sorry to hear that you had to cancel. I really hope that everything works out for you.

#28 Yari

• VIP Member
                • 10,928 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 10:48 PM

That stinks, I am so sorry.

#29 Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 8,047 posts
                  • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
                  • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
                  • LocationToronto

Posted 30 April 2009 - 10:49 PM

I am so sorry that you have to go through this! My heart really goes out to everyone who's wedding is altered because of this stupid flu But I think everyone should just remember that we are really fortunate to be here, to be healthy and to be with people that we love. The wedding is important, but the MOST IMPORTANT thing is that you're getting married to your soul mate and best friend, and that regardless how or where you get to have your wedding it will be beautiful, amazing and the happiest day of your life. It will work out in the end, and maybe you're going to have an even more amazing wedding day because of it. Everything happens for a reason. **BIG HUGGS**

#30 poohshek

• 1,456 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 11:22 PM

Very sorry the wedding is off...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users