DrBrainFreeze's ROR Planning Thread - Long w/LOTS of Pics!

Well, here It is…all of my things, from start to finish. I got a TON of ideas from here and I thank everyone for all of their ideas and help. I am sure that I am missing some stuff but this is already long and 4 suitcases are already packed up and in NY with the family. We have the rest down here. Sorry if some of the photos are rotated! I am not sure that photobucket is liking me today!

Engagement Ring and Wedding Bands:

Mine is an eternity band and his is Tungsten

Click the image to open in full size.

My Jewelry (for the time being)

Not sure if someone is bringing me something, but for now, wearing my moms pearls and a bracelet I bought

STD: Magnets, sent out once we chose our wedding date (sometime in March 200cool.gif

Invitations:

Sent out around the middle of November 2008. Wanted to give people more than enough time to decide if they could come, since many did not even pay attention to the STD

Purchased from: Lynsey (DecadentDesign) on Etsy. She was FANTASTIC!!

Cost: Invite, Enclosure, RSVP, plus she printed all of the addresses –

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gifts for Bridesmaidâ€s:

I bought 4 cute bags from Old Navy for $10 each, I just bought 1 of each of the 4 colors.

They will receive all the OOT bag stuff, plus 2 pairs of Flip Flops in our colors, also from Old Navy. Those were $5.00 per 2 pairs. I also purchased them cute makeup bags from Old Navy and filled with: Bath Pouf, Body Wash, Solid tropical perfume and flavored lip gloss. They will also have a VS luggage tag and passport cover

Lastly, I got them small Starfish Necklaces from Overstock. One of the girls already had this, so I got her the earrings that she was eyeing and told her NOT to purchase them!

Gifts from Groomsmen:

He bought the Reef Fanning Gum/Brown Sandals from Pac Sun. These are the ones that have the bottle opener on them. This was a steal since he had Pac Cash and I think it ended up being $70.00 for 6 pairs!?!?! (He bought himself and me a pair too!) Click the image to open in full size.

Gifts for our Parents:

I will also be doing a photobook for after the wedding, but before the wedding, I will present these to the parents. They are gorgeous and I should be receiving them soon, but they came from Etsy seller mollyandmom. Cathy was a dream to work with and I strongly recommend her!

Flower Girl Stuff:

She is 2. Bought her some sand toys, a coloring book and crayons. She will be thrilled!

Dress:

Eden Bridal

Shoes: Ralph Lauren

Garter:

Bought from a seller on Etsy.

Rehearsal Dinner Dress:

FI Outfit:

We bought these at Menâ€s Warehouse – A CK Linen suit. Jim will wear a vest, white shirt and an awesome white tie with coralish paisley. The fathers will wear the same suit with white shirts (no vest or tie).

Guyâ€s outfits:

Bought from Island Importer

Flower Girl Outfit:

From Smarty Pantâ€s Boutique. We loved it so much for my niece that we added green to our color in very small moderation.

Girls Outfits:

Wtoo in Daiquiri. They are so cute but what a PITA!!! Waists fit perfectly, boob area was HUGE on everyone!! It all worked out though

Flowers:

Purchased from: PlumeriasWeddingFlowerBoutique

Roberta was the BEST to work with. I highly recommend her

Cost (my bouquet with “A†monogram and buckle, 1 MOH bouquet, 3 BM bouquet and 2 Momâ€s bouquets:

After ho-humming about hair flowers and Bouts, I finally ordered them from her too recently. Total for that was $40.00 – 5 individual Plumeriaâ€s and 3 bouts. I donâ€t care if the Plumerias are not worn.

OOT Bags:

Bags:

Purchased from Oriental Trading. They are the large hibiscus tote and we ordered 2 packs.

Beach Mats:

Purchased from Pier One Imports for $1.00 per mat on clearance. Also not in our colors but you canâ€t beat cheap and cute!!

Travel Candles:

Purchased from Etsy seller Katkreation for $36.00 plus shipping. She has raised her prices considerably since I purchased (from $1.00 per candle to $4.00 per container, so itâ€s a bit pricey though). We had 18 orange and 18 pink, with 6 varying scents. They are nice. She put her own business sticker on them, which I was not too fond of, so I spent some time with Goo-Gone and removed all of the stickers. I then purchases ribbon to wrap around the lid, glued a starfish charm (from ebay – I snipped the loops off) to the top, and taped a pack of matches to the bottom.

Mugs:

Purchased from http://cgi.ebay.com/PERSONALIZED-Wed...742.m153.l1262. Total cost was $77.00 with shipping for 50 steins. I split the total shipment with BDW member KatyKo who also ordered 50. Kaylan was a dream to work with and I would highly recommend her.

Medical Kits:

I purchased the Johnson and Johnson ones from Target for $.97 per kit. I added an SPF lip balm to each also from target – 4 pack for $2.50 and they are in tropical scents/flavors. We may or may not add bug wipes if we can find them. We were going to personalize these but got lazy!!

Towels:

We found towels in our colors on clearance at Target. They were just regular bath towels but they do the trick. We have used the same ones and they are actually good quality.

Welcome letter, Photo Share Card:

Did these free on Vista Print. The “Things to do†and Map were printed at work.

Cake:

I fell in love with this cake and hope that it can be re-created by the baker my TA works with in Jamaica. It will be 2-tiered, Vanilla cake with Strawberry filling and Butter Cream.

We will surround the bottom in brown sugar “sand†and then put these seashells on the cake as well as the top.

Click the image to open in full size. They were purchased from Cake decorating & candy making products online

They are made from Gum Paste, and we received approx 40 for $20.00 and they will work. They look pretty real.

Cake Card:

Done on Vista Print! This will go on the table with the cake and cake bags.

Guest Book:

Card done on Vista Print. Bought the box at Michaelâ€s. We will purchase stamps and postcards in Jamaica. Bought the chest at Garden Ridge Click the image to open in full size.

Favors:

Buckets and organza are from Michaelâ€s. Starfish charms from Ebay. M&Ms are a mix of the supermarket and the personalized ones. They have our monogram or photo on one side, and Julie & Jim / 5*9*09 or Jamaica 5*9*09 on the other side.

Centerpieces: RIU tried to charge us $45.00 per glass vase with palm leaves. We thought this was ridiculous…so we are bringing our own. We purchased 2-pack hanging lanterns (3 for each table)

and Battery-operated white cylinder Chinese lights. We will have the coordinator put sand on the table and then these centerpieces, and then sprinkle seashells and starfish we got from OTC.

Misc. Décor:

Memory Wall:

We bought a few of these cute Ubrra frames at Target, and will put these on the guest book table

Sand Ceremony:

Last minute decision! Bought 3 pane Umbra frame at World Market and siliconed the back panes. Bought 2 bottles at AC Moore. Still need the sand

Signs for cake table:

Bought at Target

Menu for each table…Also done on Vista Print

Flower girl basket and Fans: